PDA

View Full Version : My show is crashing HLS

szaske
12-06-2012, 01:43 AM
My playlist is crashing HLS. It crashes about every 9 minutes. I've got 3 sequences in the playlist. I'll investigate further, in the meantime I've uploaded the crash data and my sequences here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz4ktrdupdqwonc/szaske%20hls%20crash.zip).

-=Steve

angus40
12-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Put the file in the public folder in dropbox then go to the file in the public folder & right click the file and choose copy public link > then post that link here !

szaske
12-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Do you not have access to the link above? It works for me and I'm not logged into Dropbox.

JHinkle
12-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Steve:

Your link does not contain the data I use.

You did something that created a crash file - THAT file is emailed to me the next time you start HLS.

HLS will crash when the user does something I think no onewould ever do and have not protected HLS from such actions.

If I get the emailed crash data prior to doing any more development - I can use it to see exactly what cpu instruction faulted.

What I have to do then is attempt to figure out how in the world the user got to that point so I can make sure they don't do it again.

When the crash occurs - I ask that you tell me exactly what your were doing and what you had just done. Without your input - I ususally have no idea since the user's actions are those that I would never have dreamed would happen.

So ... if you crash again - write every thing you can so I can block you from doing it again.

If your SHOW is crashing - you need to look hard at what you are doing.

HLS is running a LOT of Shows every night without error.

Joe

angus40
12-07-2012, 03:57 AM
that link does not work fluidly 1hr and 30 mins to download .

szaske
12-07-2012, 04:03 AM
I've tried to investigate it, but haven't been able to figure out what the problem is. I believe the problem is with one of my sequences. It has ballooned up to 127 MB in size...which seems excessive. I'm going to rebuild that sequence anyway, and hopefully it will shrink back to a normal size. I wasn't sure if it was automatically sending you info or not. I saw that HLS had created 2 crash dump files...so I was just going to share them. Right now without that sequence my show is running fine.

-=Steve

JHinkle
12-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Steve:

Before you place a sequence in your Show - make sure it runs properly in development.

When you compile a sequence for the Show - HLS expands all of the effects into illumination data for each channel - each time tic.

THAT file will be larger than your HLS file (which only contains references to HI-Level effects).

Good luck with your Show.

Joe