PDA

View Full Version : HLS - You can now PULL a Chase from any of the 4 Corners

JHinkle
12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
With version 8X - you can now pull a chase from a selection box from any of the 4 corners.

Prior to 8X - you could only pull from the Lower Right corner.

The Right Mouse Menu - Group Function now as a CHASE selection.

Once selected - click on a corner of the selection box and pull your chase from that direction. Click the corner to stop chase expansion.

The chase operation is active until ESC is hit ... so you can go in and out of chase mode as required.

Enjoy.

Joe

BrianJ
12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Sweet :)

As always, Thanks

JHinkle
12-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Your selection box can now outline MORE than one effect per channel.

4 corner chase - will properly chase ALL effects - not just one.

Version 8Z

Joe

BrianJ
12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
OMG, I now want to sequence more songs as HLS keeps getting better and better.

As always, Thanks Joe

budude
12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
+1 - - thanks for the new chase operation - that will save a LOT of time for me...

cnbales
12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Joe,
Is there any way to implement a chase of blank cells? The reason I ask for this is if I want to make an inverted leaping arch or inverted chase on a mega tree then this would be really nice and a big time saver. To select a block of cells fill them with a ramp up, down, or level and then create a chase of blank cells would make an inverted chase.

JHinkle
12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
HLS does not let you overlay effects at this time.

Easiest - but messy - is to use a Sub-Master Lighting channel to Make then go to a OFF state.

Take a block of channels and set a LEVEL effect for the duration you want lights on.

Create a Sub-Master Lighting for each of those channels.

Now make your chase in the Sub-Master Lighting - with the level at 0.

When you apply Lighting to the output .... you will get your black chase upon white.

Joe

budude
12-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Hmm - - did I miss the notice that segment channels cannot be copied now? Argh... I'll give back any-way chase to have segment channel copy back that will kill it for me...

JHinkle
12-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Brian:

Segments CAN be 4 corner chased.

Segments CAN be Pasted into - as destination.

Segment can NOT be copied FROM as its a virtual channel - but let me ponder on this one some more. Is this what your ARGH was for?

Joe

Lionking_Tx
12-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Joe,

I am afraid to ask because you already granted all my wishes.....

I don't think it would be easy to copy between "normal" and segment channel if you have both in the same display group, but can you implement a copy within the same segment ?

JHinkle
12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I need to think about this.

A Segment channel is nothing more than a virtual channel that shows what it's members contain. That is why when ALL member channels are NOT exactly the same - I show the effects as gray.

The problem with using a Segment channel as the Source of a copy operation is determining if the effect represent a "Real" segment effect (all members have the exact same effect) or a "out-of-sync" effect which is just a "filler" effect showing that members have effects occupying the time slots but they are not all the same.

If I do a Segment copy (as source) - then it would be up to use user in his selection to determine if the effect being copied are "real" or "out-of-sync".

I just talked myself into it ...

So shortly - you will be able to copy from normal into Segment (you have that today) and Segment into Normal and Segment into Segment.

Joe

Lionking_Tx
12-05-2012, 12:47 PM
So shortly - you will be able to copy from normal into Segment (you have that today) and Segment into Normal and Segment into Segment.
Joe

Joe, you are my Hero!

One more question....I still have to send Sean a donation for his Nutcracker, but how can we send donations to you ?

budude
12-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Brian:

Segments CAN be 4 corner chased.

Segments CAN be Pasted into - as destination.

Segment can NOT be copied FROM as its a virtual channel - but let me ponder on this one some more. Is this what your ARGH was for?

Joe

lol - yes - that is my ARGH... I don't recall what version I was running - - maybe 8X - I could definitely copy a segment from and to another segment - I finished up one part of my MT sequence by doing that. I did notice there were issues with doing mirrors and I mentioned that before but this is just copy. If copy from segment wasn't supposed to be working - - well - it was - but it's not now. I understand the complexities if seg1 is not all the same or if the destination is a difference size. In my case all segments were identical - basically I just grouped up all of the pixels on one string of my MT into a segment.

JHinkle
12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Version 9B allows Copy/Paste from Segments.

Joe

Lionking_Tx
12-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Can't believe it.... went to lunch and feature already implemented when coming back

Thanx Joe :thup2: