PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bug or intentional?

livinglightshows
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Scenario: I draw a box say 5 frames wide and 5 channels down and do a level fill of red. I then draw another box next to it the same size and fill it with green. I then select all that I just filled and click to "Perform action on selected group". I select the first radio button (to do a group chase) and then click and drag the lower right corner but it does not drag to create the chase. If I select just the red or just the green areas then it will work fine, just not both. The intent is to have a chase with the two colors (or more in actuality) that follow each other (think barbershop pole).

Let me know if I am doing something wrong or if this is a feature request or bug or what. Thanks.

- Matt

JHinkle
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
That is intent.

I suggest you chase one color - then move the other color effects to butt.

Joe

BrianJ
12-03-2012, 11:37 AM
This needs to be a feature request, This is an application of the "group effects" request I made in the ungrouping custom effects thread ...
Now with the custom effects being placed in the grid ungrouped I can no longer make chases etc out of them. This was one of the most common things I have been doing.

I would make a custom effect of a level effect "5" time tics long followed by a ramp down for "10" time tics long and call it L5D10
I would then make a selection box any number of channels by 1 time tic and place the custom effect on a single event only to place one "copy" of this effect on each channel.
I could then place a selection box around that group and do the required selections for making a chase, and then stretch out the effect into the chase.

With the changes to grouping on a custom effect I can no longer do this.
The solution for this would be to allow us to draw a selection box around any number of effects and have a group effects selection so we can manipulate them with added ease.

JHinkle
12-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Brian:

You can still chase Custom Effects - chase them when they are placed --- it's part of the Custom Effect Placement process.

Joe

BrianJ
12-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the response Joe, I do sometimes place them in a chase but frequently find it easier to fit them in with the music by hand stretching them. Not a huge deal either way, I just figured it would be a nice thing to be able to group things together.

JHinkle
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I will have an update soon to allow chase from any corner of the selection box.

Once that is release for single effect boxes - I will see how difficult it is for multi-effect chases.

Joe

JHinkle
12-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Your selection box can now outline MORE than one effect per channel.

4 corner chase - will properly chase ALL effects - not just one.

Version 8Z

Joe

ibby
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Joe,

You just made my world a happier place. Thanks!!!!!!

Ibby