PDA

View Full Version : "The Parameter is incorrect" error when running show

Heldwhat Christmas
12-02-2012, 12:46 AM
I've created 2 playlists - 1 is my light show that I run on repeat 6-9:30 every night... And then a 2nd "show" that is just a 3 second sequence that turns off all the lights at 10pm.
I run "Play Show Schedule" and the first playlist runs fine... At 10 when the 2nd playlist runs I get an error "the parameter is incorrect". I thought there was an error with my turnlightsoff playlist, but I'm able to run it manually (play specific playlist) just fine. To troubleshoot, I made the turnlightsoff playlist the 1st and 4th show at different times (had my regular show 2nd and 3rd to see if it was a repeating show bug)... The first 3 shows all ran fine, and then for the 4th show I got "the parameter is incorrect" error.
How can I tell what parameter is incorrect? Seems really odd it can be the first show, and I can run it manually... Has anyone else seen this?

Awesome software.... Thank you!

gassy
12-02-2012, 12:49 AM
I had that problem, was using 10am instead of 10pm in the show schedule.

Heldwhat Christmas
12-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I had that problem, was using 10am instead of 10pm in the show schedule.
I just double checked and it's set for PM... :-(
The dialogue box shows it loading the info of the allLightsOff playlist so it starts the load...

rush44oh1
12-02-2012, 07:43 AM
I get the same problem I am doing same thing but mine does not start to load I can't figure it out either

JHinkle
12-02-2012, 07:56 AM
I searched the code to see what would cause the error stated "Parameter is incorrect" but can not find the word "parameter" or "incorrect" so I can't provide any insight at this time.

Please provide the exact wording of the message.

Joe

gassy
12-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I guess I didn't fix it with the am pm thing. Tried a test 4 event schedule this morning and when switching from the 3rd event to the 4th event got this.

JHinkle
12-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I need your help to solve this one.

That is NOT my error message - it is coming from some DLL and I don't know which one or why.

First - please send me the Playlists and output files that are in your show.

Event 3 --- how many sequences are in that playlist?

The info shows event 3 playlist started at 7:20 when expected and halted at 7:22 - but the Show says not to halt until 7:25 .....

So why the HALT???

Was there more than one sequence in that playlist? If so then the error is associated with that playlist sequence.

If not - then an error may have been generated.

All my error messages that result in a HALT msg - except one are Non-Formated text strings. In version 8R - I have added a test to the string pointer to make sure its valid in case some error caused it to be null.

I need you to send me the information I requested above and rerun your test ....

Watch very carefully as to when the message appears - before the song is played - right after - more than one song in the playlist, etc.

I need to identify what call I'm making to Windows that results in Windows posting that message.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

gassy
12-02-2012, 01:22 PM
First - please send me the Playlists and output files that are in your show.

I can do that.

Event 3 --- how many sequences are in that playlist?

The info shows event 3 playlist started at 7:20 when expected and halted at 7:22 - but the Show says not to halt until 7:25 .....

So why the HALT???

As soon as 'Event number 4' was starting to load. It does not load event 4 until the sequence currently playing in '3' finishes. That's why there is a difference between the schedule time and the halt time. Could that be the problem?

JHinkle
12-02-2012, 01:27 PM
From the picture you posted - I don't see event 4 loading.

I see Event 3 playing its playlist - erroring in the middle of a song or while moving from one song to the next.

Each sequence is loaded as required - not all sequences are loaded at one time for event 3 ... that is why I think you are mistaking a song loading in event 3 as to the starting of event 4 which was not expected to start for a couple more minutes.

Joe

gassy
12-02-2012, 01:43 PM
At 7:15 'The Show w/ 4 sequences starts to play.

At 7:20 (computer clock) The third sequence in the 'The Show' playlist is still playing.

At 7:22 (computer clock) The third sequence in the 'The Show' playlist finishes - It should now, I assume, go to the next event which was scheduled to start at 7:20.

Error Message.

Had the same problem Thursday night with only two events.

At 5:00 'The Show' playlist was scheduled to play until 10, which it did. When the currently playing song finished (about 10:03) and I expected it to go to the next scheduled event the error message popped up.

JHinkle
12-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I need you to send me those playlists and Sequence output files.

Find out what is the second sequence in Event 3's playlist - since THAT is causing the issue.

See if you can play that Playlist alone? If so - then it suggests an issue in the SHOW processing - if not - then you have an issue with the Sequence.

Try recompiling the sequence ... you don't need to touch the Playlist or the Show - no change required there.

Let me know.

Joe

JHinkle
12-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Lets clarify terminology.

A Playlist is composed of one or more sequences.

A Show is composed of one to 4 Playlists scheduled to be played during specific times.

Your issue appears to be associated with the second sequence in the third Playlist.

Joe

gassy
12-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Lets clarify terminology.

A Playlist is composed of one or more sequences.

A Show is composed of one to 4 Playlists scheduled to be played during specific times.

Your issue appears to be associated with the second sequence in the third Playlist.

Joe

For the test I did today, I used 2 playlists. PrePostShow has 1, 1 minute sequence attached to it, The Show has 5 sequences with a runtime of around 18 minutes. Both playlist run fine on their own. I just did another Schedule test - PrePostShow for 5 minutes - The Show for 25 minutes. PrePostShow again to start 5 minutes after the stop time of the previous event. The error message popped up when trying to load the PrePostShow for the third event.

This sounds even confussing too me. How do I send you the files?

JHinkle
12-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I see the 5 sequences in what you refer to as the Show - use COM port 3.

What is used by the single PreShow sequence as it sounds like there is a clash when switching from Show to PreShow?

Are you using an actual COM port on the computer or a USB virtual COM port?

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
I had modified the show schedule quite a bit to reproduce the error more quickly and now I didn't get the error last night. Not sure why (I also updated HLS so that could be it) but obviously that will make it challenging to troubleshoot. I'm only half hoping the error comes back.
Here is my info in the hope it helps you narrow it down.

I have 1 show. 1st playlist has 2 sequences. 2nd playlist has 1 sequence. Error occurs when the 2nd playlist is scheduled to run.
On my show computer I am using an actual COM port (COM2). On the computer I do most of my sequencing I have a USB virtual COM port (COM6).

-Chris

Heldwhat Christmas
12-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Got the error again tonight... :angry:

I did not get the error last night... Last night I started the show late after I did some additional sequencing but nothing else different...

Attached is a screenshot of the error, and my show schedule.

JHinkle
12-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Chris:

You need to set up a test to produce the error in a small time window.

You also need to enable the DEBUG file on the Show dialog so we can gather some info.

As I stated in another thread - that error message is not mine but is being generated by Windows.

The Debug file is hopefully going to gather info so it can be addressed.

You then need to send that debug file to me.

Also --- Did you run 8Z - or was this an earlier version. 8Z did make a change to COM init.

Thanks.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I was running 8Y.

I had modified show to shorter to try and quickly catch the bug it didn't happen... I ran regular show tonight, started the debug late, realized the file would be too big, so stopped and then restarted it for the last couple minutes of my show and let it run until my turn off sequence went to run... The error occurred so hopefully the log is useful!
Here's the last few lines (the first couple are from the end of my show):

TM 104681 - U1 Tic 3717 - 126, 128, 0, 0, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 255, 255, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
TM 104731 - U1 Tic 3718 - 126, 128, 0, 0, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 255, 255, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
TM 104781 - U1 Tic 3719 - 126, 128, 0, 0, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 255, 255, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

CloseAllComPortsTimerThread

JHinkle
12-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Please verify:

You have only 1 Universe.

There were two (as you show above) CloseAllComPortsTimerThread with nothing after or inbetween them.

Did you click OFF the debug checkmark prior to opening the debug file? I ask because un-checking closes the file. If you open prior to un-checking - windows may not have flushed everything out to the file so you could read it.

I ask because I was expecting to see a call to InitAllComPorts..... just prior to the errormessage.

Can you please run a controlled test - not your show - so I can get a tru and complete picture.

Thanks.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Please verify:

You have only 1 Universe.
Correct

There were two (as you show above) CloseAllComPortsTimerThread with nothing after or inbetween them.
Sorta. Definitely 2 of them. There are 2 empty lines between the 2 CloseAllComPortsTimerThread

Did you click OFF the debug checkmark prior to opening the debug file? I ask because un-checking closes the file. If you open prior to un-checking - windows may not have flushed everything out to the file so you could read it.
Yes I clicked OFF the debug checkmark before opening the file.

I ask because I was expecting to see a call to InitAllComPorts..... just prior to the errormessage.

Can you please run a controlled test - not your show - so I can get a tru and complete picture.

Thanks.

Joe
Absolutely. What should I do for the controlled test? Probably won't be until tomorrow but THANK YOU!!! for all your support! Should I run the latest version 9C or stick with 8Y?

Heldwhat Christmas
12-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I ran just the turn off sequence... Attached is the full log (no error)

Heldwhat Christmas
12-06-2012, 12:53 AM
So right now when I open HLS and select Play Show Schedule I get the error that the parameter is incorrect without me doing anything! My last scheduled playlist was set to end 6 minutes ago so not sure what's going on as it shouldn't even be loading a ... I'm assuming a reboot will fix but I'm hesitant to do anything if this can help troubleshoot the issue... After midnight in 8 minutes it might fix itself though :-(

EDIT: It did fix itself after midnight... Real strange though... I need some sleep!

JHinkle
12-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Chris - 8Y was reporting the error.

I wanted you on at least 8Z because I made changes ---- your issue may be gone using 8Z.

Latest is 9D - please try that.

Thanks

Heldwhat Christmas
12-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Got the error again tonight as it was transitioning between playlists... Was running version 9M...
Will have to play around tomorrow to try and make it more repeatable.

Before I had 2 playlists... and my show was just run A then B and it would sometimes crash in the A -> B playlist transition
Not I have added a 3rd playlist I will call C (C -> A -> C -> B) and it crashed in the A-> C transition

JHinkle
12-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Please define crash.

What exactly was the failure mode?

Did you create a debug file?

Thanks.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-09-2012, 12:34 AM
No debug file - my show had been running for a few hours, we had people over, and I wasnt watching it.
After the 2nd playlist ended and the 3rd playlist went to load got "The Parameter is incorrect" error.
I didn't look too closely - was looking at the error over remote desktop on my iPhone - and just quickly got the show running by exiting out and restarting.

JHinkle
12-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Please download 9R.

Please run debug - I can't do anything without it.

When you get the "Parameter ..." error message - when you click OK - does HLS halt or does it continue?

If you can - exit with the error message UP - that way the debug file will show the LAST good operation with the next one being the potential BAD one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Joe,
When I get the error message, HLS halts... I then normally close HLS and restart.

The error is currently up... I have debug going... I can't close HLS other than with control-alt-delete.
Want me to control-alt-delete to kill it, or just hit okay and then send the debug file?

JHinkle
12-09-2012, 10:24 AM
OK and send debug.

Also - just made changes to COM communication in 9T.

Please enable debug and run 9T.

Thanks.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I decided to hit okay... Here is the full debug file.

JHinkle
12-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Did the message come up at the start or end or in the middle of a song?

Which song?

Please try 9T with debug ... I made changes as stated in an earlier post.

By the way --- your COM transmission is taking about 12 to 19msec

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Did the message come up at the start or end or in the middle of a song? Which song?
Not sure. I will need to have the music on inside and watch on the next run... Before I had a 30 minute delay between my "song playlist" ended and another playlist went that turned off the lights. At that time the error occurred when HLS went to run the playlist that doesn't have any music and just turn the lights off. No music playing for the last 30 min. I will confirm though that's still the case.

Please try 9T with debug ... I made changes as stated in an earlier post.
My show computer doesn't like 9T. Task manager shows HLS has the CPU at constant 100% from just launching HLS (not loading a show or anything). After a few minutes it still doesn't even show HLS in the task bar on the bottom although HLS window is up. Rebooted a couple times with same result.

My show computer in Win XP and I'm using real 9 pin COM ports. My sequencing laptop is on Windows 7 and loads the new HLS just fine.

By the way --- your COM transmission is taking about 12 to 19msec
Joe
Not sure what to do with that piece of information.... :-)

JHinkle
12-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I was afraid of that.

I reduce my wait time between Tic ... got it too small.

Henedce is running a 25msec sequence and has a single COM port.

COM transmission takes around 20msec - so his ACTUAL sequence was 50msec playing.

I was attempting to reduce the delay time to see if his sequence (1 COM port and 11 E131) could actually run at 25msec.

Can't change the laws of physics or CPU execution time.

I have released 9U - pleease use THAT as I put the timing back to where is was.

Thanks.

Joe

gassy
12-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I was afraid of that.

I reduce my wait time between Tic ... got it too small.

Henedce is running a 25msec sequence and has a single COM port.

COM transmission takes around 20msec - so his ACTUAL sequence was 50msec playing.

I was attempting to reduce the delay time to see if his sequence (1 COM port and 11 E131) could actually run at 25msec.

Can't change the laws of physics or CPU execution time.

I have released 9U - pleease use THAT as I put the timing back to where is was.

Thanks.

Joe

Joe,
When you make updates like this, is it neccessary to open and re-compile each sequence? Or, does it 'just happen' when playing the Show Schedule from the latest version?

JHinkle
12-09-2012, 12:04 PM
No need to recompile --- all of my changes are in HLS - not your data.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-09-2012, 12:08 PM
This time Windows notified me of HLS crash in the middle of my playlist (HLS has an encountered and error and needs to close)... Every time in the past the error occurs when starting a new playlist so I think this is different error. I'm going to leave my computer off for 30 min or so in case it was just overheating (I had left it running for an hour with the CPU at 100% with old version).

Here are the files, including the Windows crash log.

JHinkle
12-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Please run test again using 9U.

Thanks.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Have ran it 3 times now with no errors... Hopefully it's fixed.

DanHouston
12-09-2012, 11:28 PM
So 9u is where we believe this is fixed? I just got it tonight, but was running 9P. Mine is all e131 and seems to happen as it switches to the next playlist in my schedule (right at 9PM my show ends and switches to a playlist where it just alternates some lights). When I restart HLS it starts fine and begins playing that playlist. I've installed 9X (was the latest one I think) and will see if it happens again tomorrow night. If it does I guess I'll try to figure out something quicker to make it happen.

Heldwhat Christmas
12-10-2012, 07:07 AM
So 9u is where we believe this is fixed? I just got it tonight, but was running 9P. Mine is all e131 and seems to happen as it switches to the next playlist in my schedule (right at 9PM my show ends and switches to a playlist where it just alternates some lights). When I restart HLS it starts fine and begins playing that playlist. I've installed 9X (was the latest one I think) and will see if it happens again tomorrow night. If it does I guess I'll try to figure out something quicker to make it happen.
I observed it with 9s so I'm not surprised you saw it with 9p. Hopefully you don't see it with the latest.

cnbales
12-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Earlier in the afternoon my son updated HLS to 9U and we came home last night to no lights. HLS had crashed and after we updated to 9X everything was fine.

DanHouston
12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
I am still getting this message. It seems to be when the next playlist is scheduled for me. I can reproduce it at will and am capturing debug data (I think).

JHinkle
12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Dan -- please provide all of the detail possible.

What song ending/starting - time of day.

Thanks.

Joe

DanHouston
12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Attached is the debug output.

My show is all e1.31 (no com ports or USB adapters).

DanHouston
12-10-2012, 11:01 PM
It happens at the end of the song when it is ready to advance to the next playlist in the schedule. So, as an example, my show repeats from 6PM to 9PM, but 9PM usually rolls around in the middle of a song. That song completes and then it acts like it is going to go to the next playlist and then I get the error.

JHinkle
12-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Dan:

You are getting the "Parameter is Incorrect" message popup - right?

And you get it as it moves from one playlist to another - right?

Thanks.

joe

DanHouston
12-10-2012, 11:15 PM
That's correct.

It finishes a song and switches to the next playlist and then that pop-up comes up. When I restart HLS and run the show schedule that playlist that was about to start starts and runs juts fine.

Heldwhat Christmas
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Joe,
I haven't had any shows crash lately, but I just found a quick way to replicate for me... Today I have 4 playlists in my show. After all my playlists were done I closed HLS, reopened, and selected Play Show Schedule. I get the parameter is incorrect error. It doesn't look like it tried to load any playlists (which is correct). I've repeated multiple times and always the same result.
Here is the debug log (pretty bare):

Opened 12/10/12

JHinkle
12-10-2012, 11:36 PM
I am using Windows 7.

I just created 4 playlist and scheduled them so that all the time have passed.

I run the show - no issue!!

So ... this suggests it must be OS related.

What version of Windows are you running?

Joe

DanHouston
12-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Here's a video of it happening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBddq3jf84&feature=youtu.be

Not sure it helps, but you can see what it does. The error happens around 1:44.

DanHouston
12-10-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

Heldwhat Christmas
12-10-2012, 11:45 PM
I am using Windows 7.

I just created 4 playlist and scheduled them so that all the time have passed.

I run the show - no issue!!

So ... this suggests it must be OS related.

What version of Windows are you running?

Joe

My show computer where I first saw this and reported above is Windows XP.
I just took my sequencing computer (Windows 7), added 4 shows for earlier today (didn't play anything) and then selected Play Show Schedule and got "the parameter is incorrect" error...

Heldwhat Christmas
12-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Just tested with 2 and 3 playlists... No error... Added 4th playlist and got the error. All playlists set for earlier in the day (on Windows 7).

DanHouston
12-10-2012, 11:56 PM
That's an interesting test...let me go try that.

JHinkle
12-11-2012, 12:00 AM
My show computer where I first saw this and reported above is Windows XP.
I just took my sequencing computer (Windows 7), added 4 shows for earlier today (didn't play anything) and then selected Play Show Schedule and got "the parameter is incorrect" error...

Chris:

Just asking ....

Were your 4 shows in proper time order ... meaning earliest first and latest last?

Were the times correct AM and PM?

I've tried the following

Event 1: start 1am stop 2am
Event 2: start 3am stop 4am
Event 3: start 5am stop 6am
Event 4: start 6am stop 7am.

It is now 11:56PM.

I run this show on a Win7 - all is fine.

I am loading an XP to try it on.

Do me a favor .... on my download site - there is a file named vcredist_x86.exe.

Download it and the execute it.

It is the Microsoft VC distribution software.

I'm just thinking - you may not have the correct driver.

Please load and report back.

Dan --- can you try the vcredist_x86.exe also.

Thanks.

Joe

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Problem happens for me with 3 or 4 playlists scheduled (my normal routine has 4).

I'll download that and try it Joe.

JHinkle
12-11-2012, 12:09 AM
I can not get it to fail on my Win7 or XP machine.

I'm hoping the vcredist_x86.exe will fix it.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
12-11-2012, 12:11 AM
all on my win 7 machine:

I set all my shows to be at valid times... Still get the error (they were PM but don't think it matters)...
Ran the vcred*.exe and still get the error.
I already had visual studio express 2010 on my computer.

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Ran vcredist_x86 and still get the error.

JHinkle
12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Chris:

Can you take a screen shot of --- modify Show --- I want to see how your show schedule is set up.

If all of the event times have passed - it should just sit there --- as MINE do.

I have to be able to recreate on my computer or I won't be able to solve it.

Can you make a simple no-audio sequence (10 channels) 5 secs long - no effects. Make a playlist with it as the only one. make a schedule that creates the error.

If you can create the complete package - then I should be able to take that package and recreate the error here.

Can you do that?

Joe

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Re-creating the playlist one song at a time until it fails...

Heldwhat Christmas
12-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Here you go. Still got the error.

For the export file, just delete the .txt

Heldwhat Christmas
12-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Joe... I just deleted all my playlists from the show schedule but todays and the error went away...
Hopefully that's a clue... Will try to narrow it down further.

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 12:46 AM
I re-created my playlist and the error does not show up until I add the 3rd sequence to the playlist. Experimenting to see if it matters which 3.

Heldwhat Christmas
12-11-2012, 12:50 AM
As long as I had a show for tomorrow (Tuesday) the error came up. No show on Tuesday resulted in no error. Screen shot attached of show with no error. If I move or copy Wednesday show to Tuesday I get the error.

I'm going to go get some sleep and pick up on this tomorrow...

szaske
12-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Heldwhat Christmas: I want to thank you for trying to debug this....I'll try to do the same as I to am getting this error, at the same time you are...when switching between my first and second playlist for the day. I just got the error again tonight at 10:30pm when my transition occurs.

Here is the info about my system: Running Windows 8, using E682 controller and a Renard SS24 controller on a USB-RS485 adapter.

Joe do you think its com port related? I'll try to repro this with the worlds most simple sequences and post the data. I'm excited that Heldwhat Christmas seems to have found a clue with this "show tomorrow" post. I'll test that as well.

Oh and I'm using HLS 9.X and all of my sequences are 25ms...perhaps that is a clue.
-=Steve

szaske
12-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Okay I tried a few things and could not repro the error. I did as Joe asked and created:

1. 10 channels, COM only, HLS 9x, created schedule where box one was playing a playlist with 2 sequences within it, followed by a playlist with just one sequence. I got NO error.
2. 10 channels, some COM & some 131, HLS 9x, created schedule where box one was playing a playlist with 2 sequences within it, followed by a playlist with just one sequence. I got NO error.
3. My standard 548 channels, some COM & some 131, HLS 9x, 5 second long sequences, created schedule where box one was playing a playlist with 2 sequences within it, followed by a playlist with just one sequence. I got NO error.

finally gave up and, knowing that I always get the "Parameter is Incorrect" error with my sequences I decided to just capture the debug information using my sequences. I setup the schedule that causes the problem and was able to repro the bug. Here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3177444/parameter%20incorrect.zip) is the link to all my files so you can try to repro it yourself. Sorry it is 81MB in size. It includes the output data files, the PCM's and a copy of the debug files before and after pressing OK_CANCEL, the playlists and schedule files. Let me know if I forgot any information.

BTW here is what happens to me:

My standard schedule is to play a playlist from 4:30-10:30pm. That playlist contains 3 songs; Bell Medley, Wizards, and Intermission. A 2nd playlist is supposed to play from 10:30pm - 1am. That plays just Intermission.

Tonight I watched the error occur. At 10:30pm Bell Medley was playing. It kept playing to the end of the song. At 10:32 the song ended and the display looked like it watch switching to my Intermission.hlsPL, at least that text appeared in the dialog box. Then the "The Parameter is incorrect" modal dialog box appears and the show stops playing.

As with HeldWhat, if I try to play the playlist by itself it works fine...it's only when it plays as a part of my schedule and following another playlist that it causes the dialog box to occur.

I hope this is helpful. -=Steve

JHinkle
12-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Here's a video of it happening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBddq3jf84&feature=youtu.be

Not sure it helps, but you can see what it does. The error happens around 1:44.

Dan - you may have given me what's needed.

I can't read what is in the Upper Right List box when the error message appears.

It SHOULD be the filename of the PlayList and the amount of delay.

The video is blurry - what is the WORD in front of the PlayList name --- I think THAT is causing the issue.

Please tell me what that exact line says.

Thanks.

Joe

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 09:23 AM

I can't read what is in the Upper Right List box when the error message appears.

The video is blurry - what is the WORD in front of the PlayList name --- I think THAT is causing the issue.

Thanks.

Joe

I'll look when I get home. Are you talking right after the error message pops up?

szaske
12-11-2012, 01:27 PM

Thanks.

Joe

It says "preshow test.hlsIdata, 1 Delay".

JHinkle
12-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks - not the issue - just part of the name.

Joe

JHinkle
12-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Version 10D is released.

I suspect the Playlist name is getting corrupted or contains an unwanted character (I'm not doing any filtering).

10D is writing the Playlist name to a special debug file "DebugParameterError.txt".

This file is deleted whenever to Start a new SHOW - so make sure you send it to me if you have a "Parameter" error message.

Thanks to all for helping to solve this.

Hopefully, this debug file will identify the issue so I can trap it.

Thanks.

Please send me THAT file!!!

Joe

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 09:06 PM
It does not appear to show any information about that sequence to be played in the output file. As I continue to test it appears to me I only get the error if the show ends (based on the end time) and there are still sequences left to play and has another playlist to play.

I had a successful run with 10d and I thought something must have been fixed as part of adding the additional monitoring, but I noticed that particular run the last song in the playlist played as the show ended so it did not have another sequence left to play as it wanted to move to the next playlist.

JHinkle
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Dan:

Thanks --- but --- you sent me the wrong debug file.

I have a separate debug file just for tracking the "Parameter is Incorrect" message.

If you have NOT started HLS again (it erases the file on start so it does not get real big) ....

Please send "DebugParameterError.txt" the next time it pops up.

Thanks.

Joe

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Just speculation as I google that error and VC++ and based on the scenario I described above I wonder if it is an array parameter error possibly referencing the value in the index that matches the 3rd sequence in the previous schedule, but would not exist in the new schedule it was starting to load? (Just speculating)

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Ugg...Sorry about that. Let me make it happen again :)

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Here it is.

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 09:23 PM
So I think I have the evidence you need....I changed my playlist that follows to have more sequences in it than the playlist before it and I did not get the error, but in the file (I will upload it) it shows it went to the next playlist with sequence index #3 (would have been the next index number in the previous play list).

JHinkle
12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Congrats Dan --- I think we got this one put to bed!!!

Version 10E -- will be out shortly - just finishing testing PlayOnce on the PlayList.

Thanks a lot for helping isolate this one.

Joe

DanHouston
12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Happy to do whatever I can to help....Thank you for the incredible effort you put in with HLS!

gassy
12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
For the first time since starting my show this year, the Show Schedule actually went from the second to third event without getting the error message. Good job guys!