PDA

View Full Version : HLS Freezes Constantlt starting tonight

Henedce
12-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Of all nights for this to start "Opening Night"
No matter how I output a song HLS stops outputting during the sequence. All SONGS ALL OUTPUTS EVERYTHING.
Reboot doesnt work
Reopening HLS doesnt work
Reconfiguring Outputs doesnt work
Edit Updating HLS doesnt work
Opening night FAIL :(

All ran fine last night for over 2 hours while I finalized testing etc Debug attached

JHinkle
12-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Looks like Universe 11 stopped.

Very next time tic - Universe 11 and 99 both stopped ---- after that the time tic never advanced.

Universe 11 and 99 do not appear to be E131 - what are they?

I did not output error info in the debug file - I will add so we can see what error Windows is passing back from the data write.

Looks like a Windows driver (non-E131) had an issue.

Again - What type of controller was attached to Universes 11 and 99.

Joe

angus40
12-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Must be Your Pc or other hardware device must be the issue .

Henedce
12-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Both 11 and 99 are renard running on serial ports
How come I have a gut feeling HLS doesnt like daisy chained renards . Will go try that in a min and see what happens
11 is 2 ren64s running daisy chained and is the only change i made today I didnt think about

JHinkle
12-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Both 11 and 99 are renard running on serial ports
How come I have a gut feeling HLS doesnt like daisy chained renards . Will go try that in a min and see what happens
11 is 2 ren64s running daisy chained and is the only change i made today I didnt think about

I found out earlier this week that Renards need padding every 100 bytes so that daisy-chained controllers would work better.

I added that.

Are there any other unique Renard "Unique" output requirements that HLS needs to be aware of?

Joe

JHinkle
12-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Version 8P adds Debug error code returned from Windows writing serial COM packet.

Joe

Henedce
12-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Looks like Com port 3 was at fault.
I ran off it last night for 2 hours solid as well as used it for testing all day yesterday so never gave it a thought tonight .
I disconnected the second board with the same result .
I just moved Universe 11 to Com 1 and its been running fine for 10 minutes with 1 board connected .
Reconnected the second board and its been running fine for the last 10 - 15 minutes .

Been a long night time for a beer then bed I think.
Need to do a lot of channel reshuffling tomorrow ready for Opening Night MK2.

Opening night MK2 tomorrow .
Thankyou for your help once again Joe