PDA

View Full Version : Problem creating Vixen file from animated gif

maffeirw
12-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Once an animated gif is processed and gif image created correctly, I attempt to create a Vixen file but have been getting the following warning below the Export options box

Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/68/MTH12S~dancer3_d_33.dat) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1852

can't open file ../effects/workspaces/68/MTH12S~dancer3_d_33.dat

I then get the following error message when I attempt to create a Vixen Export file

select username from members where member_id='68'
Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/68/MTH12S~DANCER.nc) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/make_vixen.php on line 137
Unable to open ../effects/workspaces/68/MTH12S~DANCER.nc

The following are the gif Effect Settings

username maffeirw
user_target MTH12S
effect_class gif
effect_name DANCER
file1 Left_spinning_dancer.gif
frame_delay 50
window_degrees 180
brightness .7
seq_duration 5
fade_in 0
fade_out 0
submit Submit Form to create your effect
OBJECT_NAME gif
batch 0

Thanks

ritztech
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
ahhh i was just about to post this also and im getting the same thing. I even tried any Gif (it outputs to the picture of the tree but to get it to download the VIR fails)

Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5_d_18.dat) [function.fopen (http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/function.fopen)]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1852
can't open file ../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5_d_18.datselect username from members where member_id='818'
Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5.nc) [function.fopen (http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/function.fopen)]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/make_vixen.php on line 137
Unable to open ../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5.nc

smeighan
12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
ahhh i was just about to post this also and im getting the same thing. I even tried any Gif (it outputs to the picture of the tree but to get it to download the VIR fails)

Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5_d_18.dat) [function.fopen (http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/function.fopen)]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1852
can't open file ../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5_d_18.datselect username from members where member_id='818'
Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5.nc) [function.fopen (http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/function.fopen)]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/make_vixen.php on line 137
Unable to open ../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5.nc

ill look into it.

this last month we have been about 20 degrees warmer than normal. temps are around 65 when the average is 45.
I have 5 more strings of 30' to habg on my eaves and then i can put my roof harness away.

as soon as i finish putting that away, i will look into this. Currently i dont have gif or pictures in my show (3 song show so far). I will be adding gifs this wek and that will probably motivate me to fix any bugs.

i am also using Vixen 2.1 and xlights for my show this year.

thanks

ritztech
12-03-2012, 02:06 PM
saaaaaweeeet THanks ;)

ritztech
12-03-2012, 07:21 PM
on a side note ive been trying to create alot of random gifs and notice you have to be exact dimensions or the image will flicker when you generate it (the resizing works well so im trying to find a good size to get the image to work with out a flicker)

I managed to get this one well
http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5gif.gif
and that one was built on 573x517

i tried to mirror that but its flickering. i think its the image thats either too tall and its flickering it or something
http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~g5.gif
.. (i had to invert it to make the image appear better too.)

ritztech
12-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Hopefully sean will find the cure for this issue. But im trying to create some COOOL Gif effects in the meantime so i have about 5 different gifs qued up.

Anyone know of a good Windows/Mac Gif Editor (some i try and change the colors it screws the gif up) and i cant seem to get it centered to the tree at all. Is it best to crop it on the way left and it does it that way and not center it.

Barnabybear
12-07-2012, 04:03 PM
In the mean time - you can download GIF resizers from the net. Resize the gif to your matrix / tree. Nutcracker seems happy if your GIF is the correct size.
This one has worked well for me http://www.ashongsoft.com/ but download at your own risk.

kychristmas
12-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Hopefully sean will find the cure for this issue. But im trying to create some COOOL Gif effects in the meantime so i have about 5 different gifs qued up.

Anyone know of a good Windows/Mac Gif Editor (some i try and change the colors it screws the gif up) and i cant seem to get it centered to the tree at all. Is it best to crop it on the way left and it does it that way and not center it.

Haven't tried it for a while but the image used to start at Bottom Pixel of the string at 9 O'clock (Looking from above, front) so I put my "meat" of the image centered in the left half of the image so it was centered on the front.

Barnabybear
12-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Is it best to crop it on the way left and it does it that way and not center it.

Create a new Model:
How much of your tree should be displayed (1-360 ):
Window Degrees (only needed for Megatrees): 360=full megatree, 180=half-megatree:?
Use 180 for your GIF - it will only show the GIF on the front of the tree if you strings are set up correctly.

If it shows on the side or back - you need to play with the universe numbers on your controller.
If it doesn't work correctly post a video and I can talk you though the fix.

ritztech
12-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Yikkkes for the life of me i just cant seem to resize it i tried waaaay to the left (and i stole the idea from the santatree and what you said from the bottom pixel the left is good but then the leg is cut off on the right. (i couldnt find a way to change the color of the purple to like a bright green from the legs/arms.)16871 ive literlly have like 40 pictures in my GIF library of all trials lol

smeighan
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I believe the animated gifs are now fixed.

i am able to create them and the error is gone.

For local install folks,

Step (5), download zip file and paste contents onto your ../nutcracker directory

You do NOT need to re-install a new database (Step (7) )

thanks

ritztech
12-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Same exact error....Warning:

fopen(../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~gstyle88611_d_18.dat) [function.fopen (http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/function.fopen)]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1852
can't open file ../effects/workspaces/818/RITZTREE~gstyle88611_d_18.dat

ima try the local install and post my findings.

Lionking_Tx
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I believe the animated gifs are now fixed.

i am able to create them and the error is gone.

Sean - have you updated the zip for local installs yet ? I just downloaded and still get an error with gifs - this is the file I downloaded :

smeighan-nutcracker-1.0-346-ga07dd04.zip
MD5 : 8FEB3CE472C5A085D855F7C28F03448B

I get a long error output, but I think it's missing a function
Fatal error: Class 'gifresizer' not found in D:\Web\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\f_gif.php on line 137

Edit :
Just tried meighan.net and I get a the fopen error there

Warning: fopen(../effects/workspaces/893/MEGATREE~Flag1_d_9.dat) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/read_file.php on line 1852

can't open file ../effects/workspaces/893/MEGATREE~Flag1_d_9.dat

Fatal error: Class 'gifresizer' not found in D:\Web\xampp\htdocs\nutcracker\effects\f_gif.php on line 137

ritztech
12-11-2012, 01:18 PM
same here

maybe his username is SUDO :) lol

smeighan
12-11-2012, 01:46 PM
try getting new github zip

and now you will need a database refresh. I have added new feature into gif effect.,

Lionking_Tx
12-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Will do - thanks

Edit:
Still no go :(
I will PM you the error - maybe a function is not closed ? Which browser are you using ? I tried FF and IE, haven't tried chrome yet

Btw, I like the new scaling option for the effect - can you implement this for text too ?

maffeirw
12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
After installing the latest github.zip and updating my local DB (without importing my old local data)

When I try to run the gif effect "dancer2" as imported from the production system I get what seems to be a long program listing followed by this error:

( ! ) Fatal error: Class 'gifresizer' not found in C:\wamp\www\nutcracker\effects\f_gif.php on line 142
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0004 688312 {main}( ) ..\gif.php:0
2 1.0122 1790776 f_gif( ) ..\gif.php:39

When I try to create a new gif effect I get the screen in the attached jpg.

By the way I am using Chrome

smeighan
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
After installing the latest github.zip and updating my local DB (without importing my old local data)

When I try to run the gif effect "dancer2" as imported from the production system I get what seems to be a long program listing followed by this error:

( ! ) Fatal error: Class 'gifresizer' not found in C:\wamp\www\nutcracker\effects\f_gif.php on line 142
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0004 688312 {main}( ) ..\gif.php:0
2 1.0122 1790776 f_gif( ) ..\gif.php:39

When I try to create a new gif effect I get the screen in the attached jpg.

By the way I am using Chrome

i tried some of your gifs (flag) logged in as you on my local install, it worked without errors.

You dont have the dancer gif on meighan.net so i copied mine to your account.

here was the run from meighan.net logged in as you

http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/893/MEGATREE~dancer.gif

Lionking_Tx
12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks again Sean for taking time out of your busy schedule helping me with my local instal - very much appreciated!

Now get busy and work on your own display :biggrin2:

smeighan
12-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks again Sean for taking time out of your busy schedule helping me with my local instal - very much appreciated!

Now get busy and work on your own display :biggrin2:

i am glad we could work your issue , something i hadnt seen before. The fix for your gif generation is now released in case anyone else has the same issue (Seeing pages of actual code instead of a gif being produced).