PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions on HLS...

livinglightshows
11-28-2012, 10:34 AM
1. As others mentioned in other posts. I am also having a problem moving or deleting a custom effect group once it is placed in the sequence. Is there a work around for this?

2. When doing a ramp up or ramp down how can you make it start with the previous color and ramp to the new color? The ramp effects only specify one color and that is what you want it to be once it reaches full intensity but it starts with the pixel turned "off" rather than the previous color. Using the "Chase RGB Colors Horizontally" still is starting with the pixel turned off.

3. Somewhat related to Question 2, how do you overlap an effect so it starts while the previous effect is currently active?

4. What does the "Just Color Shift" checkbox do on the 'Modify Effect' screen? it does not seem to change anything when I select it.

5. Is there a way to reduce the duration of the sequence? When you initially set up the sequence you have to specify a duration but once I have completed my animation I want to truncate it, is this possible?

6. Is there a way to make the sequence loop from a specified point?

I think that is it for now. Thanks Joe for your work on this.

- Matt

JHinkle
11-28-2012, 10:56 AM
1. As others mentioned in other posts. I am also having a problem moving or deleting a custom effect group once it is placed in the sequence. Is there a work around for this?

2. When doing a ramp up or ramp down how can you make it start with the previous color and ramp to the new color? The ramp effects only specify one color and that is what you want it to be once it reaches full intensity but it starts with the pixel turned "off" rather than the previous color. Using the "Chase RGB Colors Horizontally" still is starting with the pixel turned off.

3. Somewhat related to Question 2, how do you overlap an effect so it starts while the previous effect is currently active?

4. What does the "Just Color Shift" checkbox do on the 'Modify Effect' screen? it does not seem to change anything when I select it.

5. Is there a way to reduce the duration of the sequence? When you initially set up the sequence you have to specify a duration but once I have completed my animation I want to truncate it, is this possible?

6. Is there a way to make the sequence loop from a specified point?

I think that is it for now. Thanks Joe for your work on this.

- Matt

1. I will look into the operations on "Custom Effects". They seemed to have been excluded as Segments and other capabilities emerged. For now - select them - UN-GROUP them - then you can do whatever with them.

2. Basic effects (Level, RampUp, RampDn) - are all performed as a single color. You OVERLAY RGB color effects on top of them. So Make you ramps ... select the effects, Right Mouse menu to Chase Color ---- Pick your start and end colors ---- since you ONLY want to change the colore --- check "Just Color Shift" --- your question 4.

3. No such thing as overlapping effects --- Why would you want to do that?

4. See 2.

5. Keep bugging me --- This is on my todo list.

6. Looping Sequences are part of the SHOW capability - not sequencing.

Joe

livinglightshows
11-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Joe. I will try what you said in #2. The reason I wanted to know about overlapping effects is to have both a RGB horizontal and RGB vertical effect taking place at the same time to give kind of a lava-lamp affect. For instance, you have a fade from red to green to red on a section and the green in the middle slowly moves from side to side, so bascially you have a moving gradient, does that make sense? Maybe there is another way to accomplish this but I do not know how...

- Matt

JHinkle
11-28-2012, 11:44 AM
That sounds like an effect when I do my PixelPlane editor after the Holidays.

Joe

livinglightshows
11-28-2012, 11:54 AM
I will look forward to it.