PDA

View Full Version : Dimming entire show

Heldwhat Christmas
11-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Is it possible to easily dim your entire show? This is my first year and some neighbors are both impressed and a little annoyed by my lights flashing for 4 hours... I went all LED (no RGB) and it is pretty bright...

Is it possible to play show at 75% brightness? Hopefully this isn't a dumb question!

Thanks!

BrianJ
11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
It is very possible using a master dimming channel. see this post for more info

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?23045-Setting-an-output-intensity-range&p=234183#post234183

Heldwhat Christmas
11-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks! I was able to setup my dimming curve...
How do you tell what dimming curve is assigned to what channel? I watched the tutorial video on dimming curves, but I don't see a dimming curve column in the channel description when I go in to manage raw channels like the tutorial shows... I'm able to select get dimming curve file to select my dimming curve, and then click add dimming curve, but can't see which channels the dimming curve was applied to.

JHinkle
11-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Click the checkmark - top right Manage Raw - too see.

It's there to reduce grid size for those not using dimming curves.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
11-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Thanks Joe. It was checked before and dimming curve didn't show up in the grid so I thought that was for something else. Toggling it off and back on caused it to be displayed. I did some limited testing on this bug and show dimming curves being checked but not showing is repeatable (select show dimming curves, save and exit... launch HLS, reload the sequence, go in to manage raw channels and show dimming curves will be checked but dimming curve column will not be displayed. I believe it should either be unchecked on reload or checked and the column shown)

JHinkle
11-27-2012, 09:56 AM
I think you may be confused.

The Dimming Curve checkbox does nothing more than enable the DimmingCurve column to be viewable. It is NOT saved so every time you want to see what channels you have DC associated with - check the box.

There is a DC column field - I think a Right Click in the channel's DC cell will allow you to select a DC - or you can BULK select a DC with the tools at the bottom of the grid.

Once a DC is associated with a channel - your ability to see it in Manage Raw (checkbox) does not matter - it is activly applied.

When outputting for Show - you can elect to process the DCs or ignore them.

Joe

Heldwhat Christmas
11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
That the box is checked is remembered, but the column isn't displayed.
Here is a screen shot where the box is checked but column not shown (check box, exit HLS, go back in):
How it is after unchecking and rechecking show dimming curve box:

Let me know if I'm confused...