PDA

View Full Version : Nutcracker: Poll, are you using Nutcracker?

smeighan
11-25-2012, 04:37 PM
I get very few questions from users about Nutcracker.

I would like to get an idea about how many people are using Nutcracker this year.

I would also like to know if you tried it, but just cant get it to work.

Thanks
sean

bigredsoftware
11-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I am! I have just started to sequence (my first year) and I have pulled many things into HLS already. Thank you for your brilliance, the idea of doing pixels channel-by-channel would have made me box up the mega tree.

budude
11-25-2012, 04:45 PM
I was planning to use HLS alone or with some added Nutcracker parts but I am too far behind to get anything done so I will probably try your Nutcracker-o-matic tool to auto-sequence for me so I'm building up a bunch of effects on my local install. I will use Vixen to fine tune the sequences and may play with xLights if the player is problematic.

The rain here has screwed me and next weekend will be socked in as well. I found 1/2" of water in the bin holding my power supplies this morning so who knows... hope they dry out OK...

smeighan
11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
I am! I have just started to sequence (my first year) and I have pulled many things into HLS already. Thank you for your brilliance, the idea of doing pixels channel-by-channel would have made me box up the mega tree.

Because Vixen loads the vix file so fast (< 1 second).

I am going to be using

Nutcracker => Vixen => xLights to schedule (Maybe the Lynx conductor if i have time).

Creating effects is key. Make meteors that are red, blu, green, shades of color.

I will be getting phrases marked for the top 20 songs , since i will be using them for myelf.

I am releasing some new effects for single strand in the next few days. This is because i now have windows, eaves and arches and want some better effects than i currently have.

thanks

Donny M. Carter
11-25-2012, 05:26 PM
My show has been running since Thanksgiving night and is loaded with Nutcracker effects. I'm running S3, E681's, and around 5,000 channels! It looks great. Thanks Sean!!

jaywalk101
11-25-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm using Nutcracker along with LSP to sequence my Mega Tree. Its come in handy for many different spiral, bar, butterfly effects. Gives nice options other then macros and transitions with LSP.. I'll post a video with a couple of barberpole effects I created for my Mega Tree soon(turned out nicely).

Materdaddy
11-26-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm using Nutcracker and found a couple issues I just created bugs for. #48 and feature request #49.

I might have to dig into the effect generation code because this is nearly a show-stopper for me!

smeighan
11-26-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm using Nutcracker and found a couple issues I just created bugs for. #48 and feature request #49.

I might have to dig into the effect generation code because this is nearly a show-stopper for me!

ill take a look. i am going over single strand effects since my arches and windows just got up.

feel free to go through the code.

thanks

WakeFan
11-26-2012, 09:22 AM
I've used it for a few effects (Vixen 2.5). I have them loaded in vixen routines for quick use. Currently just copied my regular sequences to the RGB tree for now. Going to be adding some Nutcracker effects soon, hopefully.