PDA

View Full Version : Start Address Hex file

johnpdo
11-25-2012, 03:06 AM
OK, sorry, but I've looked everywhere until I'm tired. Trying to make a hex file out of the 20090915.asm using MPASMWIN.
I change the Start_addr 3 (so I can start on channel 25).
Save the file as Ren.asm on my desktop
Open MAPSMWIN and browse for the file.
Assemble......and get 101 errors and no hex file. It give me a .COD file

Trying to do this for a Renard SS24

Know I'm doing something wrong, just can't figure it out. Is there a place I can just get the hex file, so I can program the chip with my pickit?
Any help would be great!
Thanks

bud29
11-25-2012, 03:10 AM
If you look in the library under Renard files, firmware, Dirk has posted a zip file with a whole bunch of hex files in it for start addresses 0-34

Rob

johnpdo
11-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Wow, so tired I didn't try the Library...searched the Wiki and the Forums. Thanks millions for helping me out!

RavingLunatic
11-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Your problem probably was saving it to the desktop. Try saving to your C:\ drive, either the root directory or a simple directory with no spaces in the name, like C:\firmware. MPASMWIN doesn't like directory trees or filenames with spaces in the name.

Also reopen the file to make sure the format didn't get trashed when you saved after changing the value.

johnpdo
11-25-2012, 08:49 PM
If you look in the library under Renard files, firmware, Dirk has posted a zip file with a whole bunch of hex files in it for start addresses 0-34

Rob

Found them! Whew, too tired to even think about the library. Searched the Wiki for hours. Thanks! John

johnpdo
11-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Your problem probably was saving it to the desktop. Try saving to your C:\ drive, either the root directory or a simple directory with no spaces in the name, like C:\firmware. MPASMWIN doesn't like directory trees or filenames with spaces in the name.

Also reopen the file to make sure the format didn't get trashed when you saved after changing the value.

Found them in the library, and it makes perfect sense what your saying, I just didn't think of it. Feels like the 11th hour, now on to sequencing!

cenote
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok, I feel like the idiot, and I'll ask, can't find it. Can somebody provide direct link in this thread to the zip file?
Thanks, Chuck

jklingert
11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Chuck, this is the REN start address files http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/dynamics/showentry.php?e=157&catid=6 not DMX...

cenote
11-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Chuck, this is the REN start address files http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/dynamics/showentry.php?e=157&catid=6 not DMX...
Thanks jack.

raplass
11-26-2012, 01:10 AM

:neutral: Been there, done that John! In addition to the file name-directory issue Raving points out, I found I had to save the file as .txt in Wordpad and then change the extension back to .asm Two hours of tail chasing thanks to @&#$%@!$*# Microsoft... Next time I'll know about the library...

11Bravo
04-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Deleted: