PDA

View Full Version : Preview disabled in newest versions of HLS???

livinglightshows
11-24-2012, 09:14 AM
The documentation and the videos from Joe refer to a checkbox in the upper right corner called 'Preview Sequence' that must be checked for the preview to work. On the versions downloaded yesterday this checkbox is no existent and every attempt I have made to get the preview working has failed.

I created a very simple test (no audio, just animation with no output defined), I created a single channel, gave it a color, created a set level for the channel in the sequencer for 5 seconds, went to 'Edit Preview' and drew a line for that channel and hit 'Play' but it would not change color (the line remained white). I have tried changing the universe numbers, putting the channel in a segment, making it RGB, etc. and nothing seems to make the line change color in playback while on the preview edit screen.

As I mentioned, all tutorial videos seem to be from old versions where the workflow no longer applies... is anyone currently able to use preview or has it been discontinued?

Thanks,
Matt

JHinkle
11-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Matt:

I just sent you an email showing that the process works and the Check Mark is there.

In the email I stated that it sounds like you are trying to see the sequence while in Preview Edit mode - which won't work.

You need to be in Sequence Edit mode ... then place the check mark in the "Display Preview for Audio".

With the check mark active - when you click PLAY - the window will change and paint your channels via the vectors assigned to each channel.

The process or has not changed since I started writing HLS.

I don't think you have the steps down yet - I hope my email helps.

Joe

livinglightshows
11-24-2012, 12:34 PM
That was it Joe, I was trying to play while in Edit Preview mode. I did try to check that box but couldn't (because I was in edit preview mode). I ended up giving up on that as a solution because the wording said "... for Audio" and I do not have an audio track in my animation so figured it was not relevant. You may want to consider renaming it back to 'Display Preview' for clarity and hiding the control when in edit preview mode. Thanks again.

Matt

JHinkle
11-24-2012, 12:35 PM
I'll do that.

Joe