PDA

View Full Version : New bb issues

Macrosill
01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Okay, we had some issues and I had to disable the board to re-import some databases. I did that and re-associated some things and it appears the issues from the last thread have been fixed. RJ is RJ, I think. Anyway as I am new to this software as are you I accidentally deleted the last thread instead of just a test post. Sorry about that. I am not sure about the pm issues, you will need to check that on your own and let me know.

If you find any new issues then post them here.

RavingLunatic
01-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Old Sub-forums are now separate forums, was this intentional or unavoidable?

For example: Renard used to have the sub-forums General and PIC code, now they are all separate forums.

Macrosill
01-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Old Sub-forums are now separate forums, was this intentional or unavoidable?

For example: Renard used to have the sub-forums General and PIC code, now they are all separate forums.

It is neither intentional nor unintentional. ou you have a 3rd option for me to choose from? LOL

I have to go into each forum and edit the settings, then we will have the sub-forums back.

FireGod
01-20-2008, 02:52 PM

JEEPGUY
01-20-2008, 03:00 PM
The time stamp seems to be off.

RavingLunatic
01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Currently PMs are limited to 50 (inbox and sent). Will this be adjusted up?

FireGod
01-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Signatures don't seem to work with tags, I see Macrosills work but I can't make mine work.

JEEPGUY
01-20-2008, 03:08 PM
It looks like the signature permissions are turned off for HTML and IMG.

"Allow HTML No
Allow [IMG] Code No
Can Upload Images for Signature No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No"

Are you waiting to turn these on for everyone until other potential bugs are worked out?

JEEPGUY
01-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Never mind on the time stamp. My profile was set to a time zone in Casablanca.

mrpackethead
01-20-2008, 05:04 PM
i find the new icons quite hard to understand, they are not 'clear' as they are all quite similar in shape/colour..

Perhaps in time you might like to look at this.

acewingman
01-20-2008, 06:39 PM
All the links in posts from the old forum do not work. When I click on a link it says "Sorry, but we have relocated our community. Please visit us at our new home at www.DoItYourselfChristmas.com" and therefore can not read what the post is referring to.

Josh
01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Ace, if he moved everything over, if you replace christmasinshirley... up to the "/forum" with "doityourselfchristmas.com" then it should work

envisionelec
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm showing up as bobllowe or somesuch. IOW, my posts are coming up with the wrong name. :)

acewingman
01-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Ace, if he moved everything over, if you replace christmasinshirley... up to the "/forum" with "doityourselfchristmas.com" then it should workI tried that and it does not work for me...Also tried that from links in the wiki but had no success there either.

Mrplow123
01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
2 Things. My signature seems to be wrong. I checked in the control panel, and my sig is correct, but when I make a post it says Sally Simpson. Second thing, what happened to the moderators section?

Macrosill
01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
2 Things. My signature seems to be wrong. I checked in the control panel, and my sig is correct, but when I make a post it says Sally Simpson. Second thing, what happened to the moderators section?

It does not list Sally Simpson when I view your post.

The Mod section is there I just have to set up all the rights again.

kostyun
01-20-2008, 10:31 PM
It's looking good! Few tweaks here and there over the next few weeks and it'll be the best christmas site in the world.

FireGod
01-21-2008, 12:43 AM
I Think It Is Already The Best Christmas Site In The World!

Dan Ross
01-21-2008, 12:53 AM
All the posts that I marked as read when I first logged in earlier this morning are showing as unread again.

Macrosill
01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
All the posts that I marked as read when I first logged in earlier this morning are showing as unread again.

This is because I had to change the way the bb knows what posts have been read by you. The setting change cleared all the old data and you have to start over. Not to worry though, when you log in there is a "Quick Links" button on the right side of the Nav Bar, the blue bar that runs from left to right. Just click that button and select Mark all forums read. You may mis a post or two but it is what is needed when things start over. Now your history is saved in the database instead of a cookie on your machine. Should you switch machines, like work and home, your history should be the same.

Sorry about the inconvenience but it was another setting that needed tweaking. Everyone has to remember that the last forum was "tweaked" over a 9 month period. We have only been here for less than 24 hours.

robots4joey
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
It seems like the embedded You Tube's are just showing up as code.

Things are looking good though!

Macrosill
01-21-2008, 12:47 PM
It seems like the embedded You Tube's are just showing up as code.

Things are looking good though!
I will be working on that today.

JEEPGUY
01-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Brian,

Is there a way to shorten the search string from 4 characters to 2? I can't search for "SSR" because the current setting is set at 4 cahracters.

Macrosill
01-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Brian,

Is there a way to shorten the search string from 4 characters to 2? I can't search for "SSR" because the current setting is set at 4 cahracters.

3 characters are now the minimum.

Dan Ross
01-21-2008, 02:10 PM
It may just be me but I don't see where I can edit one of my posts. It says in the bottom I have permisson to, but I don't see the button.

Edit: Ok I see the link to edit in this post, but I do not see it in my previous post.

Macrosill
01-21-2008, 02:16 PM
It may just be me but I don't see where I can edit one of my posts. It says in the bottom I have permisson to, but I don't see the button.

Edit: Ok I see the link to edit in this post, but I do not see it in my previous post.

There should be a button in the bottom right corner of your post. But the edit function is only currently good for 60 minutes. There were a few issues on the old forum that caused a edit time limit. Some posts had been edited and subsequently became blank.

grages
01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Brian,

Just typed up a post in the Lynx forum. Once submited a screen popped up saying it would have to be approved my a moderator. This didn't occur in the coop forum.

Shawn

grages
01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Brian,

I just lost a post. It disappeared after I clicked edit in this thread.

It was about a post I replied to in the Lynx thread saying that my post had to be approved by a mod.

Also, The Quick Reply requires that a poster clicks a button in a post to be used. That makes little sense. That is unlike any quick reply that I have used in the past.

P. Short
01-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Are new threads subject to being moderated? I tried to start one over in 'other hardware' a few minutes ago, and it came up with some message to that effect.

--

PHil

P. Short
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Are new topics currently subject to being moderated? I attempted to start a new thread in the 'other hardware' area, and I got a message to that effect.

--

Phil

RJ
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
It appears that if you were listed on threads as the wrong person like I was when we first got up, you can not edit those posts. I know I can not edit any old post. I can edit any new post that I create on the new forum. This may be what he is having. I think all my old post are tagged internally as having been written by JetMech so I would imagine he can edit my post for me. LOL

RJ

Macrosill
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
The thread and posting moderation issues have been resolved.

Sorry about that one. I am probably the most sorry as I had to validate each and every one of them individually.

shocker
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
seam i cant go in the chat it is asking for user and pass i have try the one of the bb but didnt work!

FireGod
01-21-2008, 08:07 PM
How can I get an image to show on the Avatar and signature?

wbuehler
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Flash chat not letting me in as well

Bill

RichF
01-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Same here. Tried everything I knew

wbuehler
01-21-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm in now

Bill

RJ
01-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I also can not log into flash chat.

shocker
01-21-2008, 09:21 PM
my flashchat login is solve but i just notice there is no link for the wiki

Macrosill
01-21-2008, 09:29 PM
The flashchat log in issue for Supporting Members should be resolved.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Macrosill
01-21-2008, 09:29 PM
my flashchat login is solve but i just notice there is no link for the wiki

I will get to the wiki as soon as I can.

Northern Lights
01-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Brian - chat works great!

Mark

Wombat
01-21-2008, 10:47 PM
All of my Old posts from the old site are showing as user mtylman and not Wombat.

Seems I have an Identity crisis on the new board.

Wombat formally not known as mtylman

daviddth
01-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Only issue I have struck other than those mentioned so far was when I tried to pay you some $. I have already whimmed you about it, but I believe one other person had similar timeout & page not found issues (According to a Private message in the chat).

No probs as I just paid you straight through Paypal. I did muck up & paid 15 not 20, but thats ok, I'll pay you another 20 in 6 months lol

So far VB is quick, your getting through the backlog of updates required, so thanks.

notyou
01-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Is there any easy way to get to hyperlinked posts on the "old" forum? When you click on it it just indicates that "Sorry, but we have relocated our community...[snip]"

I have tried replacing the URL with the new one, and chaning the word "forum" to "forums" like it is now but nothing works.

Macrosill
01-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Not easily that I am aware of, the data is stored differently in the databases. Did you try searching this forum for the post?

notyou
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Did you try searching this forum for the post?

That does work, so long as you know what the person who posted the link was intending to link to! =)

Most just say something to the effect of "... like shown here [link]", which doesn't help <g>

Macrosill
01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Should you come upon that situation in the future I would ask that you send the poster a pm asking what the link was referencing. And if they recall we can get the post updated with the proper link.

tconley
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
but i thought you couldn't update posts older than 60 minutes...

Macrosill
01-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I can but registered users can not, at this time.

tconley
01-22-2008, 08:10 PM
It's good to be the king!! LOL

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/images/history-of-the-world-part-i.jpg

Elmo2resc
01-23-2008, 02:11 AM
for some reason my old post have the name "fmuscato" in place of mine. My avatar is gone also. Jerome