PDA

View Full Version : add Pixel Plane or RGB Channels?

ibby
11-18-2012, 07:52 PM
If i am working with Pixels, in Manage raw channels do I add a bunch of channels-set the flag to rgb, then convert it to a pixel plane or do I start of adding channels via the pixel plane?

ibby
11-23-2012, 03:07 AM
I am still confused about using PixelPlanes. I want to be able to run nutcracker effect on my mega tree and arches but I also want to be able to control these individually. For example i have a megatree that I would like to do spins and radar sweeps from my old vixen scripts. It looks like to me, I either have 400 RGB channels in HLS or I have 400 Pixelplane channels but not both, correct??

angus40
11-23-2012, 06:22 AM
If i am working with Pixels, in Manage raw channels do I add a bunch of channels-set the flag to rgb, then convert it to a pixel plane or do I start of adding channels via the pixel plane?

A pixel plane is a single channel in the hls sequence editor Grid that is comprised of how many pixels you add when you create it .

Pixel = Rgb

You have options in Hls for ez drop and play sequencing , create your pixel plane and add it to a work group .

once you open that workgroup in the editor you can simply choose to drop nutcracker effects anywhere on the plane you like .

you may want to see the effects data of nutcrackers effects to customize them etc , to do this just add the rgb channels in channel manager that match your pixel plane

assign them to a work group and then you can drop nutcracker effects on rgb channels. once you do this you can now create custom pixel plane effects and save them to drop on your pixel plane .

Joe's pixel plane reduces the grid to one channel to make life ez for us hls users to manage large rgb channel counts without having a 3 mile deep grid to deal with.

Hope this helps .

angus40
11-27-2012, 05:31 AM
I am still confused about using PixelPlanes. I want to be able to run nutcracker effect on my mega tree and arches but I also want to be able to control these individually. For example i have a megatree that I would like to do spins and radar sweeps from my old vixen scripts. It looks like to me, I either have 400 RGB channels in HLS or I have 400 Pixelplane channels but not both, correct??

you can still do your sweeps and spins . dump them on rgb channels and save them as a pixel plane , or use nutcracker to create new more modern versions .

cheers