PDA

View Full Version : DCSSR to 5050 RGB dumb strips question

FIRECOP252
11-18-2012, 02:21 PM
OK so I am using dumb strips to outlne my house and using DCSSRs to power them. Have my controller set and all is ready but not sure how to hook up to the strip. am using 4 conductor wire from the strip to the DCSSR so I have 4 wires to hook to it. My question is...on a DCSSR you have a + and - for each channel but RGB strips have what I assume is a power(black) wire and the three wires to turn on each channel (RGB) so can someone give me a rundown on how to hook these up correctly so I dont damage the DCSSR. would the black be hooked to a negative and the three colors to a positive...or would it be the other way around? Any help would be appreciated. Hope to get them hooked up today.

budude
11-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Hopefully your strips are common anode (+V) as that is what's required for the DCSSRs. You would wire the R/G/B (GND) to the SSR outputs and then connect the +V common to any of the +V terminals - it doesn't matter which as they are all tied together.

FIRECOP252
11-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks Brian...

ukewarrior
11-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Yep !
Lets give it up for the designs here at DIYC,

How easy was that !??!

FIRECOP252
11-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Well I say better safe than sorry...didnt want to take the chance here at the last minute lol!!!

And I say again CLAP CLAP CLAP for the folks here