PDA

View Full Version : modify effect

Boof63
11-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi Joe, 2 question please
1. is it possible to use the modify effect option to cover an effect ie if i have a section filled in with a set level and then i realise i would like to ramp up or down, if i use modify effect and select ramp up for example . It only effects 1 of the selected pixels not the whole selection i have chosen. can this be changed to effect all the chosen /selected/highlighted parts??

2. is the only way to save custom effects , to add to a library. As they dont transfer across when doing a new sequence??

Cheers Boof63:wink:

JHinkle
11-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi Joe, 2 question please
1. is it possible to use the modify effect option to cover an effect ie if i have a section filled in with a set level and then i realise i would like to ramp up or down, if i use modify effect and select ramp up for example . It only effects 1 of the selected pixels not the whole selection i have chosen. can this be changed to effect all the chosen /selected/highlighted parts??

2. is the only way to save custom effects , to add to a library. As they dont transfer across when doing a new sequence??

Cheers Boof63:wink:

1. Modify effect will change an effect as you define.

I think what you are trying to do is different.

Are you working with an orinial HLS sequence with all HLS effects from the start or are you working with a Vixen/LOR conversion?

HLS will outline each effect with a white border - Modify Effect allow you to change/redefine the type of effect within the effect border.

If you select multiple effects and are asking if those multiple effects can be combined and then changed into a single effect - NO - HLS is not that smart to decide that is your intended action verses a multitude of others.

If that is what you are attempting to do - I suggest deleting the multiple single cell effects and then adding an HLS effects that covers the wanted cells.

2. The Library is the way to moving things from one sequence to another.

Joe

Boof63
11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks Joe, yes its all HLS originals that im trying to overlay.
3rd question i forgot to ask - can you implement the option of multiple libraries, ie i have angus40 library now mixed with my own, is it possible to call up a library from a choice and use/save to back to current one. and have the ability to switch between however many library folders you may have???
This way if you wish to upload your own designs you are not reloading everyone ele's and makiing the resultant file huge as each user adds to angus's orginal. Hope this is clear, thanks again
Boof63:thup2:

JHinkle
11-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks Joe, yes its all HLS originals that im trying to overlay.
3rd question i forgot to ask - can you implement the option of multiple libraries, ie i have angus40 library now mixed with my own, is it possible to call up a library from a choice and use/save to back to current one. and have the ability to switch between however many library folders you may have???
This way if you wish to upload your own designs you are not reloading everyone ele's and makiing the resultant file huge as each user adds to angus's orginal. Hope this is clear, thanks again
Boof63:thup2:

You can already create and use any number of libraries.

Just make sure they are all located in the Library folder under the HLS folder.

Joe

injury
11-18-2012, 11:52 PM
I believe he is reffering to someway for us to organize our libraries better. When I grabbed the stuff off the shared library thread and loaded it up my Library list turned into a mess since I obviously got some labels where others were playing around and testing.

I think my remedy is going to be to try and rename the files from others in the Library folder.

Boof63
11-19-2012, 01:15 AM
Yes injury is on the same track, Can we have seperate folders for own individual libraries, that we can access whilst using HLS.

IE Libraries Folder

|_ Angus Folder - his effects
|_ Boof Folder - my effects
|_ Injury's Folder - his own effects.

This way we can share effects libraries but not overload your own library.
Hope this makes it clearer,
cheers Boof63

BrianJ
11-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Yes, just like that but each folder is nested in the main HLS / library follder

JHinkle
11-19-2012, 09:18 AM
HLS has a main Library Folder where I expect to find all Library Files.

When you request some sort of a library feature - HLS displays ALL of the library files found and allows you to select the HLS Library associated with your request. That is why there is NOT a specific "File Open" presented.

Joe