PDA

View Full Version : Facebook button icon

timon
11-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Would it be possible to get some facebook buttons that we could use when creating a facebook link in our signatures? It would look better than just text. I'd put one in my own photo lib but it would not work unless logged in.

Thanks
John

Macrosill
11-14-2012, 03:35 PM
There is a Facebook integration option but I do not have a facebook account and when I tried to activate the function I was informed that I need a facebook account to make a "company" page. I left it at that.

If there is something I am missing please let me know and I will certainly look into it further.

timon
11-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Where is the facebook integration option located. I didn't find it in any of the settings, then I could have missed it.

Macrosill
11-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Its in the Admin Control Panel.

You simply want an icon to place in your sig that will replace the Facebook text? If so then you should just be able to download an icon from the net.

timon
11-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh, that's one that you use. No problem.

That's what I was going to do but I think that anyone that visits DIYC and has not registered won't see the icon. But for now that works.

BTW, why not setup a DIYC Facebook page then we could link to as a brand to the DIYC "Official Page". I could link to Christmas but who know who set that page up. In addition there would be a link to DIYC from Facebook.

Just in idea.

John

Macrosill
11-17-2012, 11:08 AM
This goes back to my initial reply.

timon
11-17-2012, 12:25 PM
When I did mine I just used the "Create a Page" that I found on a any page while signed into my account. That made me the Admin of that page so I now owned it. If you don't have a Facebook account you can just go to the Facebook WEB site and down at the bottom you'll find a link to create a page. You then have to decide what kinda of Page you want. During the creating process it will make a Facebook account and that account will become the Admin of the Page. BTW, one you have the "Page" created you can add additional admins.

I would think that you would want to select a "Brand or Product" since DIYC is effectively a brand but you may want one of the other types.

That's it.