PDA

View Full Version : OutPut Sequence not working but...

cnbales
11-12-2012, 10:41 AM
The HLS OutPut Sequence command isn't working for me. When I use the Test by Manually Turning Lights On or Off it works fine, so I know that I have my settings correct. Any thoughts?

JHinkle
11-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Not enough information to help you.

If you changed anything in Manage Raw Channels - it requires you to re-establish the proper Output - so go back into Output and perform that operation.

Joe

Dennis Cherry
11-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Joe, Can not see your webpage with the updates.

JHinkle
11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Joe, Can not see your webpage with the updates.

Dennis - try again - I just did - works fine.

Joe

cnbales
11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Not enough information to help you.

If you changed anything in Manage Raw Channels - it requires you to re-establish the proper Output - so go back into Output and perform that operation.

Joe

Joe,

Ok, I was testing a Ren 48lsd out. In all of my normal sequences my rgb lights are the last 16 channels (out of 208 total channels) set up in the library from my original list. Because I just wanted to test out some rgb lights I didn't want to have to hook all of my other controllers up. So, I set up a new library with just 16 rgb channels, added a few effects, set up my output configuration, and then checked the output sequence box, and then hit play. When I did this nothing happened. However, when I did the manual test it worked.

Dennis Cherry
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Dennis - try again - I just did - works fine.

Joe

Yes, works now

Thanks

JHinkle
11-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Joe,

Ok, I was testing a Ren 48lsd out. In all of my normal sequences my rgb lights are the last 16 channels (out of 208 total channels) set up in the library from my original list. Because I just wanted to test out some rgb lights I didn't want to have to hook all of my other controllers up. So, I set up a new library with just 16 rgb channels, added a few effects, set up my output configuration, and then checked the output sequence box, and then hit play. When I did this nothing happened. However, when I did the manual test it worked.

Not sure why you are playing with the Library.

Why not go in and assign the 16 RGB channels to a new universe and output that?

Joe

cnbales
11-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Joe,

I didn't think of placing the rgb channels on a second universe. I think this might be a good idea to do this not only for the sake of testing but even for my actual show. Thanks for the input.

Here is what I did with the settings for my Ren 48LSD: In Manage Raw Channels I renumbered all 16 (total of 48) rgb channels to universe 2. After that I renumbered all the channels starting with 1 then 4 then 7, etc., and then continued to proceed in increments of 3 until I ended with 48 channels. Did I do this correctly? Is it necessary to make any changes to the sequences or does the software know to send the information to the controller assigned to a new universe with new channel numbers?

JHinkle
11-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Joe,

I didn't think of placing the rgb channels on a second universe. I think this might be a good idea to do this not only for the sake of testing but even for my actual show. Thanks for the input.

Here is what I did with the settings for my Ren 48LSD: In Manage Raw Channels I renumbered all 16 (total of 48) rgb channels to universe 2. After that I renumbered all the channels starting with 1 then 4 then 7, etc., and then continued to proceed in increments of 3 until I ended with 48 channels. Did I do this correctly? Is it necessary to make any changes to the sequences or does the software know to send the information to the controller assigned to a new universe with new channel numbers?

In Manage Raw Channels - there is a GREEN button that prepares a Universes for transmission. It makes sure channels start at one and are incremental (no need for you to do that - all automatic) - you only need to make sure they are listed in the order they need to be sequenced.

Sounds like you made this way more difficult than it really is --- if your 16 RGB channels were originially numbered (say 101 to 148) - then the Green button would have preserved that order and renumbered them from 1 to 48 for you.

The "Output" validity process checks for channels starting at 1 and having no more than 512 channels with NO gaps in the channel sequencing numbers - The Green button makes sure those requirements are met.

If you later decide to merge them back into your original Universe - use the bulk Channel renumbering process (button) and renumber those 48 channels from 1000 on up. Bulk change their Universe number back to 1 - then click the Green button again .... the end result will be your 48 RGB channels will be renumbered and placed at the END of your existing Universe 1 with the correct channel numbers for that Universe -- again - all automatic.

Hope that helps.

Joe