PDA

View Full Version : Mini Trees - Quick And Easy

wbottomley
11-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I have found a quick and simple way to make mini-trees fast in my latest blog (http://www.highcountrylights.com/blog/mini-trees-quick-and-simple-way.html). One thing I forgot to add... storage is quite easy.

dirknerkle
11-10-2012, 10:53 PM
You don't run into GFCI problems, pinning the metal into the ground?

wbottomley
11-10-2012, 10:55 PM
No... but only when it's not wet. I had to place them on a regular outlet.

n_gifford
11-10-2012, 11:03 PM
No... but only when it's not wet. I had to place them on a regular outlet.

William, I'd be curious to see the details on your electrical distribution. Working in construction, I commonly see temporary electrical distribution panels (We call them spider boxes, or temp power boxes), and I envision something similar in your display. Out of curiosity, why the decision to place these on non-GFCI protected receptacles? I'm assuming you understand the risk with that, right?

wbottomley
11-10-2012, 11:13 PM
why the decision to place these on non-GFCI protected receptacles? I'm assuming you understand the risk with that, right?

I've been doing it for years. I have two circuits with regular outlets for these types of things and wireframes as well. I know the risk but no one can get near those things. It's roped off and down an embankment.

wbottomley
11-11-2012, 09:59 AM
One thing I forgot to add... in a commercial display world where lots of steel is in contact with the ground, there's no way possible to have that part on a GFCI outlet. An example would be my castle.