PDA

View Full Version : Internal Server error with Plasma effect

Lionking_Tx
11-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Sean,

It's about time for me to get busy with sequencing, so I wanted to try Nutcracker and the import into HLS.

Long story short, I created a target model for my Roof Grid (36strings / 50 Pixels each) and named it roof01.
As an effect I selected Plasma (Delay 50 / Speed 1.0 / Duration 20 / Fade in 2 /Fade out 2)

When Creating the effect, it takes a few moments and then I receive an Internal server error 500.
Same error when I tried the effect on a Mega tree (32 Strings with 42 Pixels each) as a target.

Tested the Butterfly effect and it worked fine on both targets.

JHinkle
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I think this should be a Nutcracker post - not an HLS post.

Joe

Lionking_Tx
11-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Sorry....Still sleeping - Picked the wrong Forum :sleepy:

Can a Mod please move this to the Nutcracker Forum ?

injury
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Not sure if Joe can move it to Nutcracker's.

However with a duration of 20 and that error I'll take a guess you are using IE, and it is timing out. One way to test would be to drop the duration way down to see if it works. There is a default timeout for IE in the registry that you can play with and raise but I was never able to get it satisfactory. There are a couple of other IE bugs with Nutcracker I don't think are slated to be fixed til later next year. I'd recommend trying a different browser like Firefox or Chrome with Nutcracker for the time being.

FWIW I was able to use your settings in Firefox on my matrix and it generated (lots of white space between top and bottom of page where gif is) but it took a long time.