PDA

View Full Version : corrupted audio in sequence

Boof63
11-08-2012, 07:46 AM
HI all, have just started to finish a sequence, loaded up and found a noisy section of song, (wasn't there before - 90% noise). Went back through earlier saves and it shows up in all versions (assume using same audio-obviously as i type this DOH!). Checked on other song i have done and no problems there.
So question is how do i reload either audio over the top of sequence or copy all the channels to a new song version and not lose my work.
Song is MP3 by the way. (Brenda Lee - Rockin Christmas)

cheers and await in anticipation some enterprising solutions to my predicament

Thanks inadvance

Boof63:(:(

Dennis Cherry
11-08-2012, 08:11 AM
I did that a couple of days ago and it worked.

However, if the new audio file is not exactly the same length you might lose some of you events on the end and all you timings may be off in the sequence too.

My new audio was longer and the events at the end where gone, even though they where present when it was imported. Had to start over again with a new import.

HLS does not have a SKEW feature right now to help you.

My problem was selecting the wrong audio file and trying to correct it. Had a version with a intro and one that did not, picked the non-intro version and then tried to then add the intro version. The intro version was 30 seconds longer, originally thought HLS timings were off until discovering my error.

JHinkle
11-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I just became aware of the need to have a change in audio relative to sequence data.

A young user contacted me the other day --- he had a 5 minute songs and found it too long to sequence once he had started - so he shortened the song and tried to make HLS use it .... he had problems to.

HLS is tied VERY tightly to the audio - so any change it audio effects everything.

I will look into providing the following.

1. Ability to modify the existing audio - make it smaller or larger.

2. Ability to SKEW all channels left or right a given amount of time to adjust after the audio has been changed.

I think those two operations will cover all possible events.

Joe

Boof63
11-08-2012, 05:39 PM
thanks Dennis and Joe, having some problems but that's my end i suspect, will review and work through, if i get stuck i will be back!!!
thanks a a lot joe for great programme.
cheers Boof 636

Had a 2nd older copy on work computer that is fine, will use usb stick and load up that way, thanks again for help

Boof63
11-09-2012, 04:54 AM
ok Folks, got home copied over good copy, HLS corrupted audio straight away- bugger!!!
Started from scratch with new wav audio file and thats ok.
I know how to start fresh with the channels again. how do i copy all my work for this song across.
i am stumped and looking for guidance please :(:(
cheers Boof63

injury
11-09-2012, 05:00 AM
save the whole thing as some big library/pixel plane effect from the old and place in new?