PDA

View Full Version : Display Preview

rfallatt
11-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Joe,
I know you don't put much weight into the Display Preview, But It is something that many users swear by and use religiously.
Recently, I have noticed my vectors getting wider and wider no matter how much I Fix Vector alignment, I cant get it to match or come close, see picture.
The top right should show "BT" (for beat track) and the right side of the image should have 5 triangles (it only shows 3)
I am not so much concerned that the vectors line up with the house as I am concerned that the vectors I have drawn are beginning to disappear off the sides.
Not sure if you can or should do anything about this, just letting you know.
I plan on simply redrawing them when they go too far off screen.

DanHouston
11-08-2012, 12:47 AM
What causes it to happen? Each time you play a sequence or when you go into the edit screen?

JHinkle
11-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Is your preview window being resized often?

When you enter Preview mode - I take your background image and blow it up or shrink it to match the size of you preview window.

Vectors are derived from relative screen positions that are placed on that image - as the image size changes - all of the vectors have to be repositioned.

Resizing the preview window can occur simply by changing the size of an adjacent window - like the left-hand window that holds all of your channel names.

With that background information in place - it sounds like there might be an integer rounding issue that is slowly moving the vectors each time you resize the window.

PM or email me your background image and your HLS file.

I will look into it to see what is going on.

Joe

rfallatt
11-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Joe,
I don't resize the adjacent windows much, I wont say never.
But it seems like many times (maybe, every time) I open HLS and select Preview-Edit Preview (which I do EVERY sequencing session) HLS lets me know that it has detected a change and is reprocessing the preview vectors. I think all that auto resizing has skewed the vectors. Email sent.

JHinkle
11-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I was resizing based on view window size.

If the window size was off by 1 pixel - I would resize.

Depending on size shift and rounding error accumulation - I think that caused your shift.

When I release version 8A - I have placed a 3% size tolerance for resizing.

So ... your image can be up to 3% different in size and I will NOT reposition or resize the vectors ...

This 3% will lead to misalignment within the 3% tolerance but I feel it is better than the slow shift to nowhere that can occur now.

Please update me on your experience.

Thanks.

Joe