PDA

View Full Version : Site outages

Macrosill
01-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I am planning on upgrading the forum software this weekend. This will cause some sporadic outages this weekend as I migrate all the data from this forum to the new one. I expect at least one outage for a few hours. I do not anticipate any other outages but the possibility is there.

The server will be changing as well. Up until now the DIYC site has been hosted on my personal account. I am now relocating DIYC to its own account. If you navigate to DIYC via the www.DoItYourselfChristmas.com url you should not notice anything different. If you navigate here via the www.ChristmasInShirley.com url then you will need to update your bookmarks to the DIYC url. I would also ask you to update any external links you have posted elsewhere that point to the ChristmasInShirley url to now point to the DIYC url.

Thank you all in advance for your understanding and cooperation. I hope this event does not cause too much of an inconvenience.

Wayne J
01-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Cool, can't wait. I plan to reformat my PC this weekend, so the outages won't be a concern for me.
:P

jderba
01-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Good luck Brian! Migrations of any kind are
always unpredictable.
Hope everything goes well for you this weekend

Jack

mrpackethead
01-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Good luck Brian! Migrations of any kind are
always unpredictable.
Hope everything goes well for you this weekend

Jack

mmmm. i disagrree. well planed, tested migrations often go without a hitch.. I too am running a migration of a web site this weekend.. Hope its not unpredictable.

wbuehler
01-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Cool

Thanks

Bill

Dan Ross
01-18-2008, 06:35 PM
You mean I might have to go the weekend without this place!!! Now I'll have to pay attention to the wife, crap... lol... Good luck with the migration...

RJ
01-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Should we post a message something like this :

Everyone at DIYC have been so good and in such a good mood this year that we are shutting down the forum.

This is so we can give them a new better one to use.

LOL
RJ

Matt
01-18-2008, 07:23 PM
LOL RJ!

Best of luck Brian, and thanks for all you do around here!

-Matt

daviddth
01-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Lol. I'm with RJ - perfect page to display.

Good luck with the update Brian

Jeff Millard
01-18-2008, 09:39 PM

Everyone at DIYC have been so good and in such a good mood this year that we are shutting down the forum.

LOL
RJ

Now, That there's funny!!!!
Jeff
PS Thanks Brian :lol:

hutchijw
01-18-2008, 11:50 PM

LOL
RJ
hahahahahahahahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: