PDA

View Full Version : RGB Conversion

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I watched the video, but that appears to be outdated now. I also read this thread:
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?20631-HLS-Convert-Vixen-sequence-into-HLS-Collapse-your-3-pixel-channels-into-1-RGB

Which seems to be more current.

That said, I can't seem to convert 3 channels to RGB on the LOR file I have imported, instead I end up with the RED channel gone and no new RGB channel. I did a test with a new sequence and 3 channels and that seemed to convert just fine so I am wondering if there is some challenge with the LOR imported file (that file can be found in this thread: http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?22530-HLS-LOR-Conversion/page2

Here are some screenshots:
Here we are before the RGB convert.

The RGB convert is setup and ready to go (I think).

RGB Conversion complete.

I can't screenshot the whole list, but there is no channel with the RGB flag set, and no SB 1-1 channel anymore.

I followed this same procedure with a new HLS sequence and three channels and it converted it just fine, so I'm assuming there is some challenge with the converted LOR file?

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I just did one and work perfectly.

One thing I probably did differently .....

After you do the LOR conversion --- click SAVE and EXIT out of HLS.

Restart HLS - select your newly converted LOR sequence and now do RGB conversion.

Works great.

Joe

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Did you do it with my sequence? I just tried again and saved and exited after I did the conversion. Hmmm....I did just notice something else....let me try something.

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Ok. So it does not seem to like that my channels all have the same name. So if I change the name of the channels to be different between the Red, Green and Blue it converts, but if the channels have the same name (as they do when they import) then it does not seem to convert.

I can reproduce this with a brand new sequence as well, and here are the steps:
Start new sequence
Add 6 channels
Name the first three identically (in my case I called them all 1)
Name the next three uniquely (in my case 1r, 1g, 1b)
Perform automatic conversion and the one where the channels have the same name will fail, but the one with the unique names will work.

Thanks,
Dan

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
The names need to be different.

When you do your first conversion --- I know what channel and the names are not important.

If you then SAVE that conversion and attempt to use it to convert another sequence --- I convert by names ---- so I expect each channel to have a different name.

Joe

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 11:55 PM
It looks like the names matter even for the first conversion. I am not saving it and applying it, just doing it directly on the sequence. Is there anyway to adjust channel names on import to add uniqueness?

JHinkle
11-02-2012, 01:25 AM
In Manage Raw Channels - there is an auto naming capability that appends a number to the end of the name --- the number increases with each channel.

Joe

DanHouston
11-02-2012, 01:02 PM
In Manage Raw Channels - there is an auto naming capability that appends a number to the end of the name --- the number increases with each channel.

Joe

Perfect. Thanks.

DanHouston
11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Would be great if there was an option to just append the channel number to the current name....the current option looks like it wipes out the name and makes them all match the text you type in the box.

JHinkle
11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Would be great if there was an option to just append the channel number to the current name....the current option looks like it wipes out the name and makes them all match the text you type in the box.

I'll add that option - out this weekend.

Joe

JHinkle
11-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Version 7V released.

In Manage Raw Channels - instead of putting in a NAME for the rename function - simply place a * followed by number in parens.

The existing name will be preserver and the NUMBER will be appended to it.

Joe

DanHouston
11-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Version 7V released.

In Manage Raw Channels - instead of putting in a NAME for the rename function - simply place a * followed by number in parens.

The existing name will be preserver and the NUMBER will be appended to it.

Joe

Fantastic!!! Thanks Joe!