PDA

View Full Version : Lost a Sequence

rfallatt
10-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Some how some way I lost an entire song.
I worked on my song at about 4:00pm today, shut down the computer and went to work on it tonight about 10 min ago and all is gone.
I got this screen 15998 I directed it to the location and the sequence is blank.
I looked at Manage saved files and there is nothing. I attempted to manually go back to an earlier saved file and it is also empty.
Can you help me?

Attempted to open a finished sequence, it is also empty

HELP!!!!!

angus40
10-29-2012, 10:39 PM
create a new sequence with the same song it will create a new .pcm this should fix the error. re open the lost and it should find the new .pcm

May i ask if you used the big- only green button before you shut down ?

rfallatt
10-29-2012, 10:46 PM
I figured out what I did...
I changed the file name for organizational purposes and I guess it could not find it. to populate the channels.
Saw that it was dumping files in the root directory and figured it was confused, then remembered that I modified the name of the stored file. Changed it back to the original and all is restored.
Scary!

Important Note:...Dont change the file name where the sequence is stored (no matter how much you want to organize)

JHinkle
10-30-2012, 08:10 AM
I figured out what I did...
I changed the file name for organizational purposes and I guess it could not find it. to populate the channels.
Saw that it was dumping files in the root directory and figured it was confused, then remembered that I modified the name of the stored file. Changed it back to the original and all is restored.
Scary!

Important Note:...Dont change the file name where the sequence is stored (no matter how much you want to organize)

After the Error Message - HLS should have presented you with a OPEN Dialog box so that you could navigate and pointed to the file.

Joe

rfallatt
10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
After the Error Message - HLS should have presented you with a OPEN Dialog box so that you could navigate and pointed to the file.

Joe
Joe,
It did, the scary part was that when I got it up and running, there was no data in the sequence. Once I corrected the file name it was fine.

JHinkle
10-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I meant the song - not the HLS file.

All the database files and other files are tied to the HLS sequence name.

Change THAT and you can get into trouble unless you change every associated filename.

Joe

rfallatt
10-30-2012, 10:52 AM
No the only change I made was to the name of the file it was stored in.

Sent from Droid Incredible, using Tapatalk 2.