PDA

View Full Version : when testing output once it closes it doesnt work.

boarder3
10-29-2012, 09:27 PM
If i test output manually than cancel out and go back and run lights the software will not output sequence at all. I must close out hls and restart.

JHinkle
10-29-2012, 09:50 PM
You need to check what you are doing because it works.

Joe

boarder3
10-29-2012, 09:54 PM
could it be cause im using pixels? i had to do it twice its really isnt a big deal anyway im just trying to find channels for start and end points.

angus40
10-30-2012, 04:58 AM
sometimes hls will get a little glitch that i have picked up on , try this next time it seems to be froze up .

uncheck output and click play you should see lines scrolling across the audio wave form. press stop . re checkmark the output box and press play ,lights should respond as expected.

just to note between manual testing as in puting a check mark in turn all on , and using the discrete on-off and testing output in the editor the setup joe has created appears as a 3 or 4 way switch ( in my way of viewing it ) in home wiring there is a red - traveler wire used in x-way switch setups to communicate which has on or off control.

In hls there seems to be an odd mis communication that occurs randomly in this regard .

this is the best way i could describe this glitch .

boarder3
10-30-2012, 08:54 AM
ok thx

angus40
10-30-2012, 10:56 AM
sometimes hls will get a little glitch that i have picked up on , try this next time it seems to be froze up .

uncheck output and click play you should see lines scrolling across the audio wave form. press stop . re checkmark the output box and press play ,lights should respond as expected.

just to note between manual testing as in puting a check mark in turn all on , and using the discrete on-off and testing output in the editor the setup joe has created appears as a 3 or 4 way switch ( in my way of viewing it ) in home wiring there is a red - traveler wire used in x-way switch setups to communicate which has on or off control.

In hls there seems to be an odd mis communication that occurs randomly in this regard .

this is the best way i could describe this glitch .

Just a thought also , the controller factors in here also , if switching from manual to editor output without a delay could data be colliding ?

JHinkle
10-30-2012, 11:39 AM
By testing output - if you mean you ran a SHOW ... then you are right --- once YOU exit the show - you must shut HLS down before you attempt to perform another operation.

Show is designed to be automated. Once you exit - Show has completed its job.

Joe

rfallatt
10-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Is there a video of that?
I have no clue how to make a show play.

Do you simply create a show,
close HLS
and HLS will start up at the show time?

Oh and Joe... Check out my signature... :thup2:

JHinkle
10-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Under Output .....

Make sure any sequence that you want to SHOW - click Export Sequence for Show!!!!

Make your Play Lists.

Make a Show Schedule --- you can set 4 different playlists to play during the day. (Copy and Paste to repeat same show for different days).

If you want the playlist to just repeat --- don't assign an ending time.

To play your show ... start HLS but do NOT select a sequence to edit.

Output - Play Show ... it is automatic from that point on.

Enjoy.

I do think one of the videos covered that --- if not, I'm sure Angus40 had one that did.

Joe

angus40
10-30-2012, 12:51 PM
yup I did :) https://vimeo.com/45531500

Gotta love how ez hls is to use to get a light display up and running , thanks to Mr. Joe Hinkle !