PDA

View Full Version : HLS now has Master and SubMaster Lighting Channels

JHinkle
10-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Version 7M introduces Master and SubMaster Lighting Channels.

Master will OverControl ALL of the channels in your sequence.

SubMaster will OverControl only those channels you associate with it.

Under the "Manage Channels" menu - there is a new sub-menu -- "Manage Master Lighting Channels"

Any effect you place on a Lighting channel will reduce the intensity of the associated channels.

Fade in - Fade out ... all under your command.

Enjoy.

Joe

jrock64
10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Is it Monday already???
I am further behind than I thought.
Will check it out and the delete issue also.

Joel

kingofkya
10-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Is it Monday already???
I am further behind than I thought.
Will check it out and the delete issue also.

Joel

Definitely not:)

At lest you didn't just look at you pc calendar and panic:) like i just did it said novemeber 27....

boarder3
10-28-2012, 08:58 AM
are you saying that i could say make white intensity 60% and it will only effect white and make anything white 60%

JHinkle
10-28-2012, 10:14 AM
NO!

If you want your whole show to fade out at the end of the song ....

Make a RampDown on the Master Lighting Channel and it will cause ALL Channels to fade at the rate of the Master.

If you just want your MegaTree to fade out in the middle of a song or RampUp from black in a song --- create a SubMaster Lighting Channel - assign all of the MegaTree channels to it --- then plave you RampUp or RampDown where you want it and the MegaTree will fade over it normal lighting profile.

Joe

rfallatt
10-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Joe,
This is not part of Master and Submaster discussion, but kinda relates.
I noticed that the "Fill empty space with Common level effect" only works with RGB. I attempted to use this on a non-RGB channel and nothing. Is it possible to make this possible for non-RGB. The way I see using this possible a negative chase (or some other negative effect) on a arch or other element. I would make a chase at 5% and fill the rest with 100%

JHinkle
10-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I am working on tweaking performance right now.

Made a lot of changes that need a lot of testing.

Poke me again on this topic and I will do it.

Joe

jrock64
10-28-2012, 11:53 AM
The default level is is still coming up 100% and will not change.

Like the sub master channels.
Easier to see what is happening.

Joel

JHinkle
10-28-2012, 12:01 PM
The default level is is still coming up 100% and will not change.

Like the sub master channels.
Easier to see what is happening.

Joel

I am lost as to what you are saying.

If there are NO effects on a Lighting Channel - Intensity is NOT affected --- so everything is at 100%.

If you want to FadeDown at the end of the song --- Place a RampDown at the end. The percentage value of the Master is then applied to all associated channels - hence Global ramp down.

Use a RampUp at the start of the sequence for a fade from black to a full intensity sequence.

Joe

jrock64
10-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Sorry, different area.
literally...

Defaults => Level => Modify Effect => Level

So when I add a block of level, I can have it come in at 60%.

If there is a way to modify an effect for multiple channels at once, I have not found it yet.
My best current option is to set one and copy, then paste all the others.

Joel

JHinkle
10-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I just tested it ... and you are right.

I will figure out why the default is not being used --- will be fixed in 7N - coming soon.

Joe

timon
10-28-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm thrilled to see this in now. Great job Joe.

boarder3
10-28-2012, 09:29 PM
thx when i first saw this i thought i could could master white intensity to 60 percent you would of saved me a ton of work running extra wires to 100 strings of lights over far runs.

cnbales
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
I downloaded this. Is dragging the files from the previous version the correct way to start using the newer version?

budude
10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Yes - just unzip the new over the old - acknowledge any 'are you sure's

JHinkle
10-28-2012, 10:02 PM
I downloaded this. Is dragging the files from the previous version the correct way to start using the newer version?

Load and unzip in your HLS folder - thereby replacing the previous version.

Joe

gassy
11-28-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm missing something with the Master Lighting Channel. Added the channel to my sequence and created a ramp up and ramp down, works when playing from the sequence, but does not work from the exported file - when played as part of a playlist. I did check the Master Lighting Channel box when compiling.

JHinkle
11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
I'll check .... but make sure you completed things right.

HLS compiles all data so no illumination data processing takes place during a show.

When you compile the show --- THAT is when the illumination data is modified per requested Lighting Channels.

Maybe you played a PlayList that pointed to an export file that was NOT compiled with the Lighting Channel enabled.

You can look at the export file (it's just a XML file) and look at the data values for those channels and see what values are present.

HLS does not compress the illumination values so you can clearly see each channel and each illumination value.

Joe

gassy
11-28-2012, 10:25 AM
I'll check .... but make sure you completed things right.

HLS compiles all data so no illumination data processing takes place during a show.

When you compile the show --- THAT is when the illumination data is modified per requested Lighting Channels.

Maybe you played a PlayList that pointed to an export file that was NOT compiled with the Lighting Channel enabled.

You can look at the export file (it's just a XML file) and look at the data values for those channels and see what values are present.

HLS does not compress the illumination values so you can clearly see each channel and each illumination value.

Joe

Not sure what I should be looking at.

JHinkle
11-28-2012, 11:00 AM
If you look at the file --- each channel is identified. The BLOCK data is the illumination data for that channel - one HEX number for every time slot of the sequence.

You know where (time frame) - where you asked the Lighting Channel to over-control the data --- see if the BLOCK data is modified per your request.

Joe

gassy
11-29-2012, 09:42 AM
If you look at the file --- each channel is identified. The BLOCK data is the illumination data for that channel - one HEX number for every time slot of the sequence.

You know where (time frame) - where you asked the Lighting Channel to over-control the data --- see if the BLOCK data is modified per your request.

Joe

So it looks like the Master Lighting Control is not being applied when I compile the sequence. Blocks are starting out with FFs instead of 00s (for a fade-up). Should I be doing something in the Manage Raw Channel, like assigning a universe(which it doesn't let me change) or channel to the MLC?

My Workflow:
Go to 'Manage Channels' > 'Manage Master Lightning Channels'
Check 'Active'. Name=Master Lighting Control - #Channels=0
Click OK

Go to 'Manage Channels' > 'Select Channels and Assign to Display Group'
Double Click the Work Group
Click 'Modify List'
Check 'Work' Name=Master Lighting Control. Universe=0. Channel=0. Order=0
Save Changes

On the sequence I put a Ramp UP at the beginning.
Go to OutPut > Select OutPut Method and Compile for Show
Click 'Compiled Data for Show'
Master Lighting Management Window opens. Active is checked - Name=Master Lighting Control, #Channels=0
OK.

JHinkle
11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
My fault.

After all my testing - I relocated the function that does the MasterLighting calculations .... placed it right before the call the erases all of the MasterLighting calcs.

Version 8J fixes my mistake.

Works as intended now.

Joe

gassy
11-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Tried it and it works! Thanks!