PDA

View Full Version : HLS Beginner Question

Mangrove
10-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi,
I知 very late so I知 trying to make up for lost time animating a face. I致e followed the MJ Thriller tutorial videos as I知 trying to animate a face.

The problem is when I get to the part to add channels and I select the group I知 working on (all in this case just like the training video) nothing happens i.e. no grid when I select all for the channels to work on. I must be doing something wrong but I知 following the videos exactly. Any ideas?

I知 using HLS version 7L

Another unrelated random question; once I get this sequence animated, how do I get it back to Vixen to merge with the other parts or my program.

Apologies if these issues are address somewhere else but I looked and watched both videos multiple time.

angus40
10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Does vixen have hls importing capabilities ?

I think a lot of vixen users are converting to hls for rgb-pixel control . I know Kc and others are working on Vixen version 3.* but they have stated it most likely wont be ready for 2012.

I do not think I have heard of anyone converting .hls to vixen , but I could be wrong.

budude
10-27-2012, 05:13 PM
There has been talk about an HLS->Vixen export but for sure there is no HLS ->Vixen import...

Mangrove
10-27-2012, 05:49 PM
So, I figured out the reason why the channels weren’t showing in the grid, I needed to check the work box. Clearly a rookie mistake with a new program.

However the entire reason I’m doing this is so I can get some facial animation to work quickly and HLS really does the trick.

But now I’m concerned I can get everything animated in HLS but it won’t run in Vixen where all my other programming is. So that I don’t waste the remaining time I have left, is there any way to convert HLS files to Vixen files?

Thanks again for the help!

n_gifford
10-27-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't think it's possible at this time to convert HLS to Vixen. You could, however, convert all of your Vixen work to HLS and continue with HLS for the rest of the season.

Mangrove
10-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Hmm, that's a real bummer.

JHinkle
10-28-2012, 11:53 AM
HLS has an Export file that is used for the SHOW.

That export file could be used to import into Vixen.

You only need a Vixen expert to write it.

Hope that helps.

Joe

DanHouston
10-31-2012, 09:22 AM
You could also use Papagayo with Vixen (there's a plugin to pull things into Vixen). May not be as fast as HLS (I have no experience with faces in HLS), but could work...of course Halloween is today so I'm probably late with this advice.

Hope you got it figured out.