PDA

View Full Version : Outputting sequence (I'm lost)

gassy
10-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Finished my first sequence and would like to give it a test run. Although I'm sure it's been discussed in other threads, I've been unable to find any type of direction. I setup the com port and tried playing/looking at the different options in the Output menu. I clicked the "outport sequence" and got the message that the output was not setup. Is there a resource somewhere that would walk me through this process?

BrianJ
10-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Gassy, You can start with this video (http://vimeo.com/45415579) from Angus 40

The basic steps are,
Go into Manage raw channels and select renumber all channels for output.
You then need to go into output and set up your com ports or nic card depending on your hardware
Next go into output and go to select output method and compile for show, this will take you to a screen where you will choose output method for each universe. On this screen click in the transport box for each universe and select the output info needed for your hardware, when you have finished that you need to select the active checkbox for that universe.
You can compile and output the show or you can test it live from the sequencer by selecting the output sequence checkbox on the main sequencer screen.

Edit, My show runs entirily through E1.31 so I have not had to set up any com ports, etc. I only had to set the nic card

gassy
10-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks Brian, I'll take a look at the vid. I already tried everything down to "output method and compile for show", no selections (empty) were available. I don't understand the universe thingy, thought it was a DMX thing. UPDATE: I need to learn more about universes, went into the manage raw channel and noticed all channels were set to universe 0. Changed it to 1 and now I get a choice in the output method and compile for show.

injury
10-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Ya Universe 0 is never output (I personally use them for timing channels and such because of that).

kjjk
10-27-2012, 03:08 PM
what com port are you running through?

gassy
10-27-2012, 04:36 PM
USB Com3 - Once I got the universe thing worked out in the channel manager I was able to run the show.