PDA

View Full Version : Mouse remapping software you may find usefull

jrock64
10-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Following Joe's advice to press escape whenever HLS is not responding I found myself hitting that key a lot.

Especially when you hold ctrl and click to get the head, and you miss, but click the tail anyway, and now you have a selection starting with the tail. Hit that escape key one more time.

My keyboard is on a tray that slides under my desk, so that ESC key was kind of hiding from me already.
I swore I was going to attach that ESC key to my big toe, I was using it soo much.

Turns out my mouse has a scroll wheel that can also be clicked.
A third mouse button.
HLS knew about scrolling up and down with the wheel, but did not recognize the click of the wheel.

This software lets you turn that click into any key, I chose the ESC key.
The bonus is that it will only do it for HLS and no other programs are affected.

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

One other tip I have is to have your task manager handy.
As I clean up my Vixen converted sequences, If I delete a block larger than 10 seconds and HLS seems to go to sleep, pop up the task manager and watch the processors.
When they drop back below 90% HLS will be ready for the next command.

Joel

JHinkle
10-25-2012, 06:54 PM
One other tip I have is to have your task manager handy.
As I clean up my Vixen converted sequences, If I delete a block larger than 10 seconds and HLS seems to go to sleep, pop up the task manager and watch the processors.
When they drop back below 90% HLS will be ready for the next command.

Joel

Great tips - thanks.

When you find an operation that takes time --- and I DO NOT put my counter up (my hour glass) - please post, send a PM, or email me so I can implement the hour glass into that process.

I usually develop with small sequences and often miss time consuming operations until someone rubs my nose into it. (I have a flat nose because of that -- lol)

Please --- fell free to squish my nose very flat by telling me where I missed adding an hour glass.

Again - thanks for your comments.

I will look into what extra mouse buttons Microsoft natively supports and look into adding ESC to one of them --- Nice suggestion.

Joe