PDA

View Full Version : Vixen 3 and Firegod, any development started?

trfuzzy
10-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi All,
Wondering if there are any plans for Firegod and Vixen 3? I have been searching for any information relating these and have not seen anything. Not being a programmer, i'm not sure that I would be off much help in developing an output module for firegod. My display is a combination of Firegod and Renard contollers. Decided to poke around with V3 this weekend. Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere.
Trfuzzy

sallz0r
10-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi Trfuzzy,

Not that I know of, unfortunately. :-( Controller module development is the hard one to tackle, since it's the one area we can just do for people -- since we don't have hardware to test with, and don't have any information about the protocols, etc.

Is there a module for Vixen 2? If so, it might be worth getting in touch with the person that wrote that and asking if they would mind spending a bit of time developing a module for v3. A lot of it should be fairly similar, and hopefully wouldn't take too long to get going. We're always happy to help out other devs to bring them up to speed or go through what needs to happen to write a module.

Alternatively, if you know anyone else that can code that has the hardware, maybe ask them if they could help out and write a module? :-)

Cheers,
Michael

FireGod
12-14-2012, 06:08 PM
KC wrote the plugin for version 2. He should still have the code. We had to do some AC tuning but my computer got stolen and I no longer have the data. Surly KC has the code, I don't want to go through the tuning process again.

sallz0r
12-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Aah, right, didn't know that! I assumed it was a 3rd party.

I'll ping KC!

teberle
12-15-2012, 12:15 AM
I worked with FireGod to modify the code as well. I may still have the source on my development machine.

teberle
01-10-2013, 11:03 PM
I found the source code on my devevloper machine. I can start looking at getting it converted over to a 3.0 plugin.

sallz0r
01-10-2013, 11:20 PM
I found the source code on my devevloper machine. I can start looking at getting it converted over to a 3.0 plugin.

That would be fantastic! Post to the dev group if you have problems, and we might be able to collectively teach people about how it all works and plugs together.

teberle
01-10-2013, 11:24 PM
The good thing is that David Caffey (Firegod creater) lives in Bixby which is just a few miles from where I live. I am sure I can either borrow hardware or get him to test for me.

FireGod
01-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Is it the latest code? I think KC did some power curve work after you got the plugin working.

teberle
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
It may not be David, do you have the latest code per chance? If not I will KC to send it to me.

FireGod
01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I do not, my laptop was stolen and I lost the data. I guess KC has the latest (I hope).

teberle
01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
i will see what i can get.

teberle
01-12-2013, 11:01 PM
got the code, will get started on the conversion to 3.0

teberle
01-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi All,
Wondering if there are any plans for Firegod and Vixen 3? I have been searching for any information relating these and have not seen anything. Not being a programmer, i'm not sure that I would be off much help in developing an output module for firegod. My display is a combination of Firegod and Renard contollers. Decided to poke around with V3 this weekend. Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere.
Trfuzzy

I am currently working on adding the FireGod Dimmer to 3.x. I have the 2.0 code and converted it to 3.0. I am working on making sure that it is working correctly then I will be looking at trying to get it tested.

trfuzzy
01-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I will keep parts of my controllers all set up and could do some testing. If that would help. I have one field module with the newest version of the PICs that was updated to deal with the flicker issue (which works nicely by the way).

Let me know. I'm interested in not having to buy/build all new hardware to replace the FG. I will monitor the posts here.

teberle
01-19-2013, 06:18 PM
I will keep parts of my controllers all set up and could do some testing. If that would help. I have one field module with the newest version of the PICs that was updated to deal with the flicker issue (which works nicely by the way).

Let me know. I'm interested in not having to buy/build all new hardware to replace the FG. I will monitor the posts here.

Awesome, I am about done with it, I'm comparing its data about to the vixen 2.5 output. Should have a dll for use next week.

steelpanz
11-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Hey, all! I also live in south Tulsa and wanted to see if there's any update on this. Dave mentioned that he won't be doing his show this year due to time constraints, but I'll hopefully have mine up and ready to test next week.

teberle
11-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Hey, all! I also live in south Tulsa and wanted to see if there's any update on this. Dave mentioned that he won't be doing his show this year due to time constraints, but I'll hopefully have mine up and ready to test next week.

No one has tested it, I have been waiting on that. Please test and let me know what happens.