PDA

View Full Version : heres a video of me trying to add pixel plane error

boarder3
10-21-2012, 02:16 PM
I watched the 2 videos and doesnt seem like im doing it wrong but maybe i am heres a video of my issues.
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cl6rF2RWY

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 02:44 PM
A couple of things I noticed ... you had a lot of channels and then you added more for your PixelPlane.

You don't add then twice.

Next - I never saw you add a Nutcracker effect for you PixelPlane.

What were you doing/adding to the PixelPlane so you could blink some lights.

Next - you never setup up any output protocols so I know how to transmit your data.

You seem to be missing multiple steps.

There are several videos on setting up your outputs - please watch them.

Hope that helps.

Joe

boarder3
10-21-2012, 02:47 PM
yea the output thats my fault i know how to do that for some reason that got skipped on universe one. so if i have 640 channels for my matrix i dont add them to channels only add them as pixel plane? Is that correct.

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Channels that are used as part of a PixelPlane are NOT added individually to the sequence.

When you add a PixelPlane - it asks how many Pixels you have .... THAT process adds the required channels.

Do a search in the HLS forum for PixelPlane.

You will find one or more videos.

Joe

boarder3
10-21-2012, 03:15 PM
i watch these both but lets say you have 2 pixel planes how does it know output settings for it if im not assigning it any. Iwatched these 2 video i do what it shows and nothing happens. i watch this one and the other 3 times http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HUuvod4MdPw

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 03:41 PM
You assign Universe numbers and channel numbers to the channels created by the PixelPlane --- not the ones you created.

It does not matter how many PixelPlanes you have ... just partition each one ... their associated channels into proper Universe and channel counts (numbers).

Remember --- 170 pixels max in a Universe.

So your PixelPlane ... it has 640 pixels:

Universe 1: channels 1 to 170
Universe 2: channels 1 to 170
Universe 3: channels 1 to 170
Universe 4: channels 1 to 130

Don't YOU play with the channel sequence numbers or you will get the order all messed up.

Just select the first 170 pixels and then do Universe assignment of 1 - Button Click

Select the next 170 and assign to Universe 2 ... the channels at this time are numbered 171 and up .... no problem.

When you Click the GREEN Button to reorder for Output ... I will assign the correct series of channel numbers.

Hope that helps.

Joe

boarder3
10-21-2012, 07:41 PM
yes it worked thx but when i go to put in nutcracker effect it tells me do you really want to assign and effect to only 1 channel. instead of 640. but now at least i can manually put in an effect.

boarder3
10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I would like to thank joe for taking time out of his schedule to talk me and get me through my issues your the best . Thx