PDA

View Full Version : HLS - I'm going to remove the Segment restriction on Channels

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
In a future release, I am going to remove the restriction that a channel can only appear in one Segment.

I've proved out the concept of Segments - so I'm going to open them up.

I will use this thread to update you on that process.

Joe

JHinkle
10-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Version 7L released.

You can now have a channel appear in multiple Segments.

The software can't check all the possible mistakes you can make with this specification opened - so keep multiple assignments reasonable.

The thing the software can't keep on on ... its like a dof chasing its tail --- on the same Display Group - you have multiple Segments being displayed and a channel is present in more than one of those Segments.

The software color codes the effects to show when channels in a Segment are not in sync.

With this specification opened ... you can make a change to a Segment thereby making a change to the multiple-segment associated channel. This change will not appear in the other Segment time lines until a modification is made to them.

This change will immediately impact those doing animation with HLS.

As an example ... channels that make up the TOP lip can now be assigned to multiple mouth positions.

Enjoy.

Joe

Dennis Cherry
10-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Joe, what if you did a verification and report you have multiple segments and display the multiple segments, you can them accept them or go back an fix them.

JHinkle
10-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Dennis:

It's not an issue.

All is fine except my "Gray" color coding at the segment level does not take into account changes to other Segments which may contain common channels.

I believe this mismatch is very small by the gain of having common channels to multiple Segments.

I only bring it up because its not perfect and I like perfection.

Joe