PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to just delete everything and start from scratch

boarder3
10-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Im testing things out right now and still havent even learned how to save a profile yet so im highlighting everything and deleting the effects but it takes like 8 minutes before i can do anything in hls once i do this it doesnt respond for a long while. Im using a fast computer to so i know its not my comp. im doing a test with 640 rgb channels. Also im trying to re order some channels but only for that work group im telling highlight them and highlight and click on order it shows it properly in the order box but when i go to work group there still in regular order.

angus40
10-21-2012, 01:41 PM
unlike Vixen ,Hls does not have a profile. The name of your sequence is it . by delete do you mean everything in the editor ? or do you want to delete the complete sequence .

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Boarder3:

How do you intend to use you 640 pixels?

As a single line of pixels, as a MegaTree, as a Matrix ... what is your intent.

There may be an easier way to sequence 640 pixel instead of doing so one-by-one.

Joe

boarder3
10-21-2012, 02:07 PM
well right now im doing a matrix but i will be doing a mega tree but trying to do one thing perfect than move on. My matrix is set up with 64 pixels each string so what happens is its starts on the left and moves right. because of this i can run a lets say a chase across them all it jumps 4 rows away since im not able to reorder this properly. im sorry i keep asking all these dumb questions this is a learning curve for me im used to vixen ways.

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 02:16 PM
The easiest one to do first is to use a PixelPlane in HLS (all of your 640 pixels in one channel) and drop a Nutcracker effect down on top of it.

That way you can get blinky lights in a matter of minutes.

Single Pixel manipulation is tedious - so you picked the hardest to start learning with.

Joe

boarder3
10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Im using nutcracker as well but im testing text but dont like the way its performing because i want it to scroll across screen and its doing it 5 time instead of once which i not your issue thats just nutcracker i believe.

smeighan
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Im using nutcracker as well but im testing text but dont like the way its performing because i want it to scroll across screen and its doing it 5 time instead of once which i not your issue thats just nutcracker i believe.

with lasy nights release of a new text effect , this problem should now be solved. right?