PDA

View Full Version : Vixen to HLS conversion How To Video?

jsheehan3
10-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Has anyone created one of these?

I follow the steps, and while the channel details/profile converts, I do not get any sequence information.

Does the import only work with a certain version vixen file?

budude
10-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Have you flattened the Vixen sequence first? I don't think the conversion takes profiles into account...

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 11:12 AM
HLS can take profiles.

Joe

griffixdc
10-21-2012, 11:15 AM
this would be good considering i might be evolving to HLS next year ...if i am going to have to learn a new version of vixen might as well learn HLS because i know it can handle/ create ease with RGB and pixels a lot better.

jsheehan3
10-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Hey guys, answered my own question after a couple hours of frustration.

I reviewed Joe's video and he says, remember to save!

I did the following for those of you who may be wondering

1) Add audio, name sequence, save.
2) Import VIXEN sequence, then it asks for profile, then save (I believe you can flatten vixen profiles into sequence to do only one step here)
3) Restart HLS
4) Manage Raw Channels - confirm everything is there
5) Assign channels to a workgroup
6) Select workgroup
Voila, your sequence should be there.

Only thing left to do is then redo your preview.

Hopefully, I can figure out how I can do that then "attach" to other conversions.

Also trying to figure out how to add new elements without doing it to each converted sequence individually. But I believe a saw a thread.

Here's to Sunday morning light sequencing!

griffixdc
10-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, answered my own question after a couple hours of frustration.

I reviewed Joe's video and he says, remember to save!

I did the following for those of you who may be wondering

1) Add audio, name sequence, save.
2) Import VIXEN sequence, then it asks for profile, then save (I believe you can flatten vixen profiles into sequence to do only one step here)
3) Restart HLS
4) Manage Raw Channels - confirm everything is there
5) Assign channels to a workgroup
6) Select workgroup
Voila, your sequence should be there.

Only thing left to do is then redo your preview.

Hopefully, I can figure out how I can do that then "attach" to other conversions.

Also trying to figure out how to add new elements without doing it to each converted sequence individually. But I believe a saw a thread.

Here's to Sunday morning light sequencing!
just guessing here: but i bet once you make your preview in HLS you can use it for all your vixen converted sequences ;)

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Library Layout is the key you are looking for.

Joe

jsheehan3
10-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Joe - sorry to be dense.
I created a new library, then added layout to library, when I bring it back using load a channel layout, I end up with 2 sets of channels...should I first bring in the channel layout, then import?

Also, it doesn't appear to be bringing the preview along with it. If there is a video, just send me there. Rich references having a video on preview, but I can't find it.

cnbales
10-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Joe,
I saw a post saying that HLD now supports mp3 files. Is this still true? It seems that I saw a post suggesting that HLS is back to wav only.

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Joe - sorry to be dense.
I created a new library, then added layout to library, when I bring it back using load a channel layout, I end up with 2 sets of channels...should I first bring in the channel layout, then import?

Also, it doesn't appear to be bringing the preview along with it. If there is a video, just send me there. Rich references having a video on preview, but I can't find it.

The intent of the Library import layout is to recreate your layout when starting a NEW sequence or update an old layout because you have added channels.

When loading a layout into a sequence that already has channels - a match is done by comparing names.

If you changed names - you will get duplicate channels.

Joe

JHinkle
10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Joe,
I saw a post saying that HLD now supports mp3 files. Is this still true? It seems that I saw a post suggesting that HLS is back to wav only.

HLS can read most MP3 file directly.

If you have a problem with one - use the HLS Audio Stripper released last week.

The intent was to export audio from a video so that you can sequence to it ......

BUT If you identify and MP3 file - it will extract the WAV from it.

Joe