PDA

View Full Version : HLS - LOR Conversion

JHinkle
10-19-2012, 01:40 PM
I'll be starting on my LOR conversion process next week.

If you have any comments - post in this thread.

I will update this thread as the progression goes on.

Joe

Lionking_Tx
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow...do you ever sleep ?

timon
10-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Sounds great. Of course the import should first but an export to LOR would be great to have later.

The reason for export is simply to be able to share a sequence to the bulk of the world, although maybe HLS can take a large chunk over time. It may not be as editable as it would be in HLS but that's the other persons problem:biggrin: BTW, when exporting I'd like to be able to select the work groups to export. That way I could share some singing faces and basic lights without having to share the entire sequence. I would think that should be doable.

JHinkle
10-19-2012, 03:03 PM
My intent is to be able to export out a number of channels so that they can be shared.

Keep bringing that subject up until I do it.

Joe

budude
10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Keep bringing that subject up until I do it.

Yeah - cuz otherwise you just slack around... lol...

I forget - do you export to Vixen? I know you import... (don't have HLS handy atm to check...)

JHinkle
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Version 7R is released.

This version will convert LOR into HLS.

Please Note: LOR RGB conversion is still being worked on - released soon.

I convert LOR, DMX, and un-stated channels as follows.

LOR channels are associated with Universes less than 1000.

DMX channels start at Universe 1000 and go up.

UnKnown channels (usually no effects on them) are identified as Universe 5000.

The intent is to process your LOR file and then allow you to use the renumbering capabilities in "Manage Raw Channels" to make everything DMX.

LOR has come out with an internal RGB configuration - I am working on an auto conversion for those --- coming out soon.

A special thanks to Dennis Cherry for his help and in-depth knowledge of LOR has made this conversion somewhat painless.

Again - Thanks Dennis.

Please try the LOR conversion and provide feedback - good or bad.

To perform a conversion:

Start a NEW HLS sequence - add your song.

Under FILE - select "Convert LOR".

That's it .....

Enjoy.

Joe

jsheehan3
10-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Does 7R convert LOR 3?

Dennis Cherry
10-31-2012, 07:17 AM
Does 7R convert LOR 3?

S2 and S3 LMS & LAS files are the same.

JHinkle
10-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Version 7S released.

RGB channels are now converted.

Joe

DanHouston
10-31-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm trying to import a LOR S2 file (actually exported from LSP) and it is failing saying it does not look like a LOR file. The LOR file does work and play through xlights as a LOR file (best I can really do to test since I don't have any LOR software). Any thoughts?

JHinkle
10-31-2012, 10:00 PM
It needs to be a LMS file.

Joe

DanHouston
10-31-2012, 10:51 PM
It needs to be a LMS file.

Joe

It is. I've attached one of the ones I tried if that helps.

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the file.

Your file was missing TimingGrid info which I thought was always there.

I have removed that requirement.

Your file loaded nicely.

Version 7T will load this now.

Joe

smeighan
11-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Joe ; you now have Vixen, LOR.

Any thoughts of doign the really big (PITA) one, LSP.
If you could get msq files to convert, you would pull in the last pile of people. It does see, tp be about 1/3 in each.

I produce Vixen vix,vir files, LOR lms,lcb files
but i gave up on LSP msq files. I instead produce LSP UserPatterns.xml. This is a more straightforward xml format.

My issue was no documentation and an xml format that is way more complicated than lms. There is just so many more whistles and bells. I havent totally given up on msq from Nutcracker, i am waiting to see if next year i can get access to anyone to help with it.

I think it is pretty huge that you removed the barrier from about 2/3rds of the community.

great job!

sean

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks Sean.

LOR came to be because of Dennis Cherry and his understanding of the file format.

If anyone knows anything about LSP, I would be pleased to look into a conversion.

If anyone could provide me with a LSP file to look at - that would be appreciated also.

Joe

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't know much about the LSP format, but I can upload the LSP version of the LOR file I uploaded previously. LSP does export to LOR and that was my plan to get things into HLS (although I've heard people with larger sequence sizes have trouble with that export).

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Please post a LSP version.

Thanks.

Joe

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Attached is an LSP version of the LOR sequence I posted earlier.

angus40
11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
remove dumb question. :)

Dennis Cherry
11-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Joe , really like the conversion from LOR, best I have seen from any S/W package.

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Joe , really like the conversion from LOR, best I have seen from any S/W package.

Thank you.

Thanks for the insight in allowing it to happen.

Joe

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Attached is an LSP version of the LOR sequence I posted earlier.

Dan:

I was expecting a XML file of sorts ... this msq file is binary.

Does LSP use XML?

Joe

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 08:09 PM
The msq is the sequence file. It may use xml somewhere (digging around to see if I can find anything else).

LightUp
11-01-2012, 08:12 PM
http://forums.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/topic/7463-why-are-spectrum-msq-files-so-large/

This site suggests that msq files are "rar" xml files. So they are not binary files - if true.

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I think the xml file mentioned was what Sean uses to get nutcracker effects into LSP, not what it uses for it's sequence files.

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 09:09 PM
That looks correct. I loaded that file into WinRAR and could unzip it and the sequence file appears to be XML. It also has a controllers folder which appears to contain an XML file per controller.

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 10:56 PM
I un-rar'd it .... if there is such a word description.

Got an XML file that looks as if it contains packed byte intensity data similar to Vixen.

It also contained several controllers.

Dan .... Are you using multiple controllers in LSP?

I'm asking to get an idea if the information is just hardware info or some sequence data also.

Does LSP use RGB channels (like HLS's single RGB channel that contains data for Red, Green, and Blue channels)?

I ask because of the byte encoding intensity data I mentioned earlier.

Can you provide a picture of what some of the channels look like in the LSP editor --- so if I can convert - I can compare to make sure I get it right.

Thanks.

Joe

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Yes. It looks like a file per controller in that controller folder. I am using 4 controllers in LSP. They are named:
Pumpkin Faces 1
Pumpkin Faces 2
Sparkleballs
Rainbow Brain - Floods

Yes. It does collapse RGB channels into a single channel in the sequencer (and shows the three channels it is associated with)

Here are screenshots of the 4 controllers:

Let me know if you need anything else.

JHinkle
11-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Help me understand ....

When you use LSP - you have a different sequence per controller?

What happens if you change controllers?

Thanks.

Joe

DanHouston
11-01-2012, 11:34 PM
No. 1 sequence with many controllers. I took the multiple screenshots so you could see them all (scrolling down in the sequence). So if you look at the first screenshot you can see controller #1 (called Pumpkin Faces 1...Red vertical BAR) and part of controller #2 (called Pumpkin Faces 2...Blue vertical BAR).

sebjsan
11-12-2012, 09:24 PM
+1 for lsp conversion

jeffl
01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Is there a "best" way to setup an audio file for HLS? I had a WAV file that I receive:

"The WAV file contained Blocks other than PCM data. The file may be Corrupted......"

I also had a LOR sequence that uses a .mp3 file that only converted about 1/2 the sequence. This may have been something to do with the resolution being set a 25ms. I think Dennis may have already noted this. I'm not sure if this is a music file issue or LOR.

Thanks Jeff

Dennis Cherry
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Is there a "best" way to setup an audio file for HLS? I had a WAV file that I receive:

"The WAV file contained Blocks other than PCM data. The file may be Corrupted......"

I also had a LOR sequence that uses a .mp3 file that only converted about 1/2 the sequence. This may have been something to do with the resolution being set a 25ms. I think Dennis may have already noted this. I'm not sure if this is a music file issue or LOR.

Thanks Jeff

The 25ms setting does that, use the 50ms default setting, it only changed the audio timing scale, but still converts the sequence to 25 ms cells

jeffl
01-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I just felt like I was missing something because I tried to change it after and it said it was not possible.

JHinkle
01-03-2013, 09:53 AM
In HLS - once you set the resolution - there is no changing it.

HLS is tightly coupled to the audio.

Joe

Dennis Cherry
01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
You will have to do another conversion, you can still use the same file names, just click on the existing file name and it will overwrite the files with the new conversion.

However, any of your changes to the old conversion will be lost.