PDA

View Full Version : It should be said here to.

BrianJ
10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I am very! happy to see Joe's sequencer get traction. He and I had some discussions last Feb/Mar. He was a little frustrated because as he talked about what he was goign to do , everyone on DIYC seemed so Vixen centric. I think when he got the ability to import Vixen sequences his user base took a giant stride forward.

I have also been very impressed with someone who can say
"I think i will try this Christmas lighting thing. I will go and create a sequencer AND create the hardware interfaces for my lights"

yeah, right.

Rapid Application Development is about doing many small releases often. It makes you flexible, but you might go down a path and have to change.

Joe is a master.

Joe, I wonder what your tool will look like by this Christmas? What about next year?

thanks
sean

This is kind of the pot calling the kettle black. I think it could read like this:

I am very! happy to see Seans Nutcracker get traction.

"I think i will try this Christmas lighting thing. I will go and create a RGB effects generator AND fit in every request along the way"

yeah, right.

Rapid Application Development is about doing many small releases often. It makes you flexible, but you might go down a path and have to change.

Sean is a master.

Sean, I wonder what your tool will look like by this Christmas? What about next year?

thanks
Everyone

tfischer
10-18-2012, 09:52 PM
My mega-tree would look a lot more plain this season without Nutcracker. Nutcracker was one of the key things that moved me beyond standard RGB strings for the tree and into pixel-land... Everyone said it would be too hard to program... between Nutcracker and LOR S3's group feature, it's been quite doable...

smeighan
10-19-2012, 12:08 AM
This is kind of the pot calling the kettle black. I think it could read like this:

I am very! happy to see Seans Nutcracker get traction.

"I think i will try this Christmas lighting thing. I will go and create a RGB effects generator AND fit in every request along the way"

yeah, right.

Sean is a master.

Sean, I wonder what your tool will look like by this Christmas? What about next year?

thanks
Everyone

Lol Brian!

we will see. i am glad that it has proved useful to people. now, i just need to get a show up this year (hardware, sequencing , lights)

thanks

Henedce
10-19-2012, 04:38 AM
+1 here

BillyTRichVa
10-19-2012, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't have even considered the RGB tree I am running this year if it weren't for nutcracker. It is an excellent tool and I look forward to the new prop being the highlight of the entire display. Thanks Sean!

gdyrdave
10-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Lets play tribute to Phil Short for putting this all together. The renards would not be what they are without his expertise.
IMHO.
Dave

smeighan
10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
i only started this year, i think there are probably many people who have freely given of their time and talents that have helped progress our hobby.

On Hardware
Renards - Phil Short
Lynx - Ronert Jordan
J1Sys, Ed bryson

Software - free
Vixen - KC
xLights - Matt Brown
HLS - Joe Hinkle
Nutcracker - Sean Meighan

Software - Commercial
LOR - Dan
LSP - David

Sequencing - Showing us what can be done
Holdmans Christmas sequences

it was the spirit of giving that i found in this community that influenced me to offer nutcracker for free.

thanks to all who have helped us progress

sean