PDA

View Full Version : HLS VideoPlayer - Unable to launch Video

XmasInGalt
10-18-2012, 03:36 PM
It seems that I must be missing something as I can't get the VideoPlayer to start a video. I set up the videoplayer in a seperate directory on the same PC as HLS. While HLS is running, I start HLS Video Player and set the Node address to 1. I click on Player controls to be sure the program sees the HLS Server (which it does at 127.0.0.1). I go to HLS and select 'Test HLS Video Player'. I see the IP address 127.0.0.1 in the window and I select it. I then put the video file name (video1.mpg) with the full path in the 'video to play' field then click on 'Load and Play'. I get nothing. I click on 'Play' and get the same result. I've tested my video file on VLC and it plays fine. I've tested this on a Windows 7 and XP Pro PCs. I'm sure there's some simple thing that I'm missing.

Thanks.

BrianJ
10-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I have it up and running fine here. Are you sure you gave it full path address to the video you want to run? Be sure to include the file extension ie c:\foldername\subfolder\videoname.extension
In my case it is c:\hlsvideos\video1.mpg as I made a folder for any HLS videos to go into.