PDA

View Full Version : HLS - OverControl of effects ... ramp intensity - Do You USE it.

JHinkle
10-18-2012, 01:39 PM
I am looking to remove a feature from HLS.

If people are using it NOW, I won't remove it until after the holidays.

I originally put in "OverControls" effects that would over-ride effects.

The intent was to provide a way to fade channel to black or ramp up to full intensity.

My issue, after maturing HLS for 9 months now --- is there is a better way (suggested by Timon) that I would use to replace the "OverControl" - for intensity only.

Please note - OverControl for RGB color shifting will remain - I am only talking about intensity shifting.

I am going to implement a "Master" intensity channel- which will overcontrol ALL channels in the show.

I am going to implement "Sub-Master intensity channels that will overcontrol the intensity on a group of channels that you assign to that channel.

Please let me know if you are currently using the INTENSITY aspect of OverControl - so I can plan my removal without causing you too much grief.

Thanks.

Joe

BrianJ
10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
I figured HLS was getting a little bulky with the latest downloads over 4 Mb. I knew it was time to remove something lol :lol:
I don't use the over for dimming so no worries here. I like your new aproach to overall dimming though.

JHinkle
10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I like your new aproach to overall dimming though.

Thank Timon for that suggestion.

Joe

kingofkya
10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
I dont think i am useing it anywhere ether. I like the global intensity channel idea.

OriginalHotrodder
10-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm not using it. The new method sounds excellent.

timon
10-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I figured HLS was getting a little bulky with the latest downloads over 4 Mb. I knew it was time to remove something lol :lol:
I don't use the over for dimming so no worries here. I like your new aproach to overall dimming though.

Wow:wow:, HLS is burning up memory like crazy, I'm going to have to buy a new computer just to hold it:lol::omg:

Thank Timon for that suggestion.

Joe

Your welcome guys.

injury
10-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Ugh that's another 1.44 floppy I'll have to dig out for backup :wow:

angus40
10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks timon .