PDA

View Full Version : This has to be said

Henedce
10-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Joe,
What you have achieved with HLS in 9 months is amazing.
I remember in January you asking questions of the forums on basic lighting principles. Now you are moving animated DIY lighting further and further forward with each new update.
Someone has a feature request and several days later you implement it, usually with improvements to the original idea.
A bug gets reported and within days its fixed.
And somewhere in there you also find time to implement new features within the software IE face animation and video.

I would just like to say a BIG THANKYOU for making HLS not only possible but a fantastic program to use for light animation.
I look forward to seeing where you take HLS in the coming weeks/months/years

Cheers
Gavin Smith

n_gifford
10-18-2012, 07:00 AM
+1 While I made a decision to go with other sequencing software for this year for personal reasons, I agree 100% The work that Joe has put into HLS is amazing and thank you is not enough!

BrianJ
10-18-2012, 08:24 AM
+1 ... not enough can be said. Thanks Joe

Greg in Canby
10-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Agreed, thank you Joe.

Additionally, I hereby nominate Joe for induction to the DIY Christmas Hall of Fame.

XmasInGalt
10-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Agreed, thank you Joe.

Additionally, I hereby nominate Joe for induction to the DIY Christmas Hall of Fame.

I second that nomination!

timon
10-18-2012, 12:45 PM
I'll give that a third, Joe has done a GRRRREAT job and I fully expect to see even more wonderful things coming to HLS.

Way to go Joe!

henkvis
10-18-2012, 02:15 PM
although I am still on Vixen 2.1, I am a fanatic follower of this HSL forum.
i will try to convert my sequence also to HSL just for the try. specially when the video works.... that's one thing i miss in 2.1

keep up this great development.....

bud29
10-18-2012, 02:19 PM
I know I'll be switching to HLS next year. Great work on this Joe. Thanks for all your dedication and hard work.

Rob

OriginalHotrodder
10-18-2012, 03:57 PM
After many issues with another light show sequencer upgrade I decided to cut my losses and committed to HLS for this year's show. I want to thank you for all the work and headaches you have put in and for sharing your talents with the community. You are a rare individual Joe. I have learned that the very best software is that made by one who loves it. HLS is another example of that fact.

OriginalHotrodder
10-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Combined above

dirknerkle
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
What's the big deal? It's nothing that anyone with an IQ of say, 700 and the speed of the Man of Steel couldn't accomplish.

:lol:

I'm a big fan, too, Joe. Well done!

smeighan
10-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I am very! happy to see Joe's sequencer get traction. He and I had some discussions last Feb/Mar. He was a little frustrated because as he talked about what he was goign to do , everyone on DIYC seemed so Vixen centric. I think when he got the ability to import Vixen sequences his user base took a giant stride forward.

I have also been very impressed with someone who can say
"I think i will try this Christmas lighting thing. I will go and create a sequencer AND create the hardware interfaces for my lights"

yeah, right.

Rapid Application Development is about doing many small releases often. It makes you flexible, but you might go down a path and have to change.

Joe is a master.

Joe, I wonder what your tool will look like by this Christmas? What about next year?

thanks
sean

budude
10-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Well - you have to understand there have been a half dozen or so folks coming in and saying "I'm creating a new sequencer and here's what it will have - blah blah blah" and all of them fell by the wayside. LSP came along and it had it's list of detractors (quiet Dirk!...) and it had some growing pains so many stuck with Vixen (and LOR) because it simply worked (most of the time) - and it was free... Hopefully Vixen 3 will address most of Vixen 2's shortcomings but it doesn't look like it's ready for 2012 and there are so many folks caught up in the pixel craze (that's mostly *your* fault Sean!!) and with HLS addressing those requirements as well as maturing to a usable product it looks ready for prime time now.

Between Sean and Joe it's a bit of a toss-up for the Rookie of Year at a minimum if not Hall of Fame... Thanks to you both!