PDA

View Full Version : HLS Video Player - Remote controlled for use with Projectors

JHinkle
10-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I am pleased to release a sister program to HLS.

HLS Player.

HLS Player is a video player that is controllable by HLS.

An HLS sequence can support up to 10 active players at one time.

Communication with the Player is Ethernet based.

Each Player has an ID that HLS will use to communicate with it.

At the remote Player site ... just place all of your videos in a folder.

In HLS, there will be (not yet - two days) the ability to place a Player Trigger where you identify the Video file to be played.

HLS does the rest.

The Player is designed to go Full Screen - meaning your video is the only thing on the screen.

As released today - I have placed a Test Bed so you can play with the capabilities.

Please see the video below and Enjoy.

Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejgXraUpdUI&feature=youtu.be

JHinkle
10-18-2012, 05:53 AM
Made my first update to the Player - out in next release.

Background color is now BLACK.

So when a video is not playing - there is nothing for the projection to illuminate.

Joe

timon
10-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Joe,

Great start!

Can you release the protocol your using between HLS and the player so we can look at making standalone players? That way a PC would not be required.

John

jduawa
10-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Looks great...I would suggest adding an option to disable On Screen Display (OSD) so the video name does not appear when the video plays.
Thanks

JHinkle
10-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Looks great...I would suggest adding an option to disable On Screen Display (OSD) so the video name does not appear when the video plays.
Thanks

Good Idea.

Joe

BrianJ
10-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Joe, I had grabbed the original player (1A) and was just going to get the update for it but I could not see a link for it on your download page. Just curious?

As always, Thanks for everything

JHinkle
10-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Brain Fart on my end - forgot to place it on the site.

HLS_Player_1B.zip is now available.

Joe

famaz
12-06-2012, 06:51 AM
URGENT: Please Joe i have to run the show saturday evening and only today i realize 2 things:

1) video player has a white frame of 2-3 pixel when in full screen. This is not good for me because i have to project on a large screen where the frame is always visible and i don't want this.

2) when i have hls and video player on the same machine, it has to be connected to a network to function properly because if it is not connected the video player settings page report "find hls server" instead of an IP.

Please Joe can you do something for me?
thanks
Fabio

JHinkle
12-06-2012, 09:20 AM
URGENT: Please Joe i have to run the show saturday evening and only today i realize 2 things:

1) video player has a white frame of 2-3 pixel when in full screen. This is not good for me because i have to project on a large screen where the frame is always visible and i don't want this.

2) when i have hls and video player on the same machine, it has to be connected to a network to function properly because if it is not connected the video player settings page report "find hls server" instead of an IP.

Please Joe can you do something for me?
thanks
Fabio

Fabio:

1: Don't know if I can do anything - I'll have to see.

2: When the VideoPlayer starts - it looks for HLS via a UDP ping mechanism. If HLS does not respond it gives you that response.

I think I put a button so that you could re-initiate the ping once HLS was up ... or bring HLS up first - then the Player.

Joe