PDA

View Full Version : Version 7.F Music Stop key

rfallatt
10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Joe,
With the newest version, I note that when playing music and I hit stop HLS automatically goes back to the beginning of the song. Is this an intended action?
In previous versions it did not. I understand that "stop" is not the same as "pause", BUT HLS automatically goes back to the start of the song. This is not good, because if one is playing a song to find out a section needing sequencing, and you stop to make or insert effects that spot is no longer displayed. Stop should not automatically restart the song, Hitting play should automatically restart the song.

CaptKirk
10-17-2012, 09:29 PM
What about when a mark has been selected? Should it automatically roll back to the start mark? I think if no mark is selected, then stop should keep the cursor where you hit stop. However, if you have a section marked, it SHOULD roll back to the start mark. Just an opinion...

budude
10-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I asked about this in another thread - have a checkmark to select whether to bring the display back to the start - either from beginning or from the 'Start From' indicator. This is handy as well sometimes but I would say it should not be the default behaviour. With that said I don't know if Joe added this in at my request or not...

rfallatt
10-17-2012, 10:38 PM
I also note that the buttons and/or Keys are not working properly
"Play from mark" acts as a pause: while playing a song via "play" (from beginning) and hitting pause (Song pauses), and then play from mark (Song resumes from pause point)
"Play from mark" acts as a pause: while playing a song via "Play from Mark" (at 1 min mark) and hitting pause (Song pauses), and then play from mark (Song resumes from pause point)

What about when a mark has been selected? Should it automatically roll back to the start mark? I think if no mark is selected, then stop should keep the cursor where you hit stop. However, if you have a section marked, it SHOULD roll back to the start mark. Just an opinion...
It should not matter, I dont think it should ever go automatically to the beginning, That is what the "play" is for. Hitting "Play" plays the song from the begining.

JHinkle
10-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Look the Panel carefully.

You will see there is now a behavior selection - as to how to treat Stop.

Brians suggestion implemented.

Joe

rfallatt
10-17-2012, 11:31 PM
OMG... if it was a snake it would have bit me. For the life of me I dont know how i missed that!
Interesting, sorry!

And AWESOME!