PDA

View Full Version : Minor feature requests - output file extensions...

tfischer
10-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Currently, at least with the .lcb (LOR clipboard file) target, Nutcracker names the file foo.xml, not foo.lcb. Everything still works, but since LOR's "open a clipboard file" screen expects only .lcb files, whenever I load a clipboard, I have to first type "*.xml" in the open screen, which is an additional step. I'm assuming it wouldn't be hard to just write out the file with the proper extension?

I know you have much bigger fish to fry right now, but just thought I'd suggest it to be on the list...

As an aside, THANKS for implemening .lcb files and not just .lms/.las, this makes it very easy to paste effects into a sequence with LOR.

Thanks!
-Tim

smeighan
10-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Currently, at least with the .lcb (LOR clipboard file) target, Nutcracker names the file foo.xml, not foo.lcb. Everything still works, but since LOR's "open a clipboard file" screen expects only .lcb files, whenever I load a clipboard, I have to first type "*.xml" in the open screen, which is an additional step. I'm assuming it wouldn't be hard to just write out the file with the proper extension?

I know you have much bigger fish to fry right now, but just thought I'd suggest it to be on the list...

As an aside, THANKS for implemening .lcb files and not just .lms/.las, this makes it very easy to paste effects into a sequence with LOR.

Thanks!
-Tim
i dont quite understand.

"Nutcracker names the file foo.xml, not foo.lcb". This is not true.

For lor the files i create extensions of lms and lcb.

The only xml file i make is for LSP.

Vixen has extensions of vix and vir
HLS has extension hlsnc
LSP has extension xml
LOR has extensions lms and lcb

i just tried an effect and exported it , it did end in lcb.

tfischer
10-15-2012, 01:35 AM
It's definitely not working that way for me. I right-click the link, and do a "save target as". If I try to force the name by actually naming it "foo.lcb", I'll end up with "foo.lcb.xml".

Maybe it's a browser thing?

EDIT: I'm on my Mac right now and just tried it in Safari. Now I get the proper ".lcb" extension. This is evidently an IE thing. Another reason to hate IE lol.

Sorry for the noise...

budude
10-15-2012, 02:15 AM
If IE understands what an .xml file, it will try to save with that extension. I think if you override that and change the type to 'any' (or whatever the non-described type is) you can save with any extension (note that I'm not talking about just the extension type but the second dialog that indicates the type of file). I think LOR uses XML so IE probably interprets for you.

smeighan
10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
It's definitely not working that way for me. I right-click the link, and do a "save target as". If I try to force the name by actually naming it "foo.lcb", I'll end up with "foo.lcb.xml".

Maybe it's a browser thing?

EDIT: I'm on my Mac right now and just tried it in Safari. Now I get the proper ".lcb" extension. This is evidently an IE thing. Another reason to hate IE lol.

Sorry for the noise...

no problem. i have tested most effects on chrome, ie 9, firefox and opera. but day to day testing , i just use chrome. it allows the back button to work from an animated gif back to the form where i can change parameters for the effect.

the fact that is is abc.lcb.xml instead of abc.lcb as i created it means the browser is adding the xml extension. maybe there is a setting in IE that would turn off that behavior

thanks