PDA

View Full Version : Should I jump right into HLS?

truejoy
10-14-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm planning my first self-sequenced show for this Christmas. I've been comparing Vizen 2.1 and HLS 6/7. At the moment, I'm leaning toward HLS, but wonder if that is a wise decision. Any encouragement or concern?

Are there people using HLS for live shows last/this year... Or is HLS still to bleeding-edge experimental?

Any reason I should gain experience with the standard Vixen before moving to the Mercedes that HLS appears to be?

I'm having a blast joining the "blinks/flashy" hobby club.

barbotte
10-14-2012, 11:48 PM
well there is few reason why i have not jump into hls ,,,,, with vixen there is more than 300 available sequence to pic and choose from ( lot of copy and paste effect ) !!!! but if i were new and had time i would definitely be using hsl ,,, but i am old and have no time to re learning everything again .... maybe after this season i will have no choice as i will be passing the 500 chanel and i will be going rgb and pixel and hls should near perfect by then ,,,,,
cheer

budude
10-15-2012, 02:11 AM
HLS supports importing of Vixen sequences btw... No one has used HLS for their Christmas shows yet since it just came out this year. I see no reason not to start with HLS myself...

angus40
10-15-2012, 02:53 AM
I'm planning my first self-sequenced show for this Christmas. I've been comparing Vizen 2.1 and HLS 6/7. At the moment, I'm leaning toward HLS, but wonder if that is a wise decision. Any encouragement or concern?

Are there people using HLS for live shows last/this year... Or is HLS still to bleeding-edge experimental?

Any reason I should gain experience with the standard Vixen before moving to the Mercedes that HLS appears to be?

I'm having a blast joining the "blinks/flashy" hobby club.

I would say with both feet.

Hls is very user friendly and straight forward design for our needs.and unlike any other software I have seen _ the designer Joe Hinkle answers most all questions and has updates hand over fist .

Truly remarkable , you will enjoy using Hls i am certain.

BrianJ
10-15-2012, 08:59 AM
I agree with Budude and Angus40, I am new to the hobby as well and have jumped in with both feet, HLS has been easy to learn and does pretty well everything I want or need. The developer, Joe, is great and goes above and beyond the call for helping people out and implementing new features on an almost daily basis. If you are thinking of running pixels (RGB) then I don't think there is any comparison between HLS and any of the other software available.

kingofkya
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
^Definately. he goes way beyond what any one else has done. For one simple resson his documentation videos.

Traneman
10-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Need to just JUMP......one way or another time is running out.

JMO

bigredsoftware
10-15-2012, 11:16 PM
This is my first year and I will be running HLS. Great software, great support. I know Vixen is great too! It has many custom add-ons and posts on here; the deal breaker for me was 400 pixels. HLS and Nutcracker are my heroes.