PDA

View Full Version : Channel preview limited to 25 line elements?

OriginalHotrodder
10-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Joe, thank you for creating this wonderful software. Your work is fantastic and your response to user requests are unbelievable. I am just learning how to use HLS and I've begun to lay out my preview. I'm still old school and running leds as my main elements. I have led icicles around the house that are ran by one channel. I was trying to create them by drawing short lines from the roofline. When I got to 26 lines the next line I drew wiped out the 25 line. This isn't a big deal because I'll just draw single solid lines around the roof line to substitute for the icicles if needed but I wanted to ask the question if there is a way to draw more than 25 lines per channel in case I missed it.

Ed

I just read the request to begin cleaning the main thread. Mod, please move this post to the Q&A section.

JHinkle
10-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Ed

My view on what Preview is about may not set well with a lot of people.

I view Preview as a test platform to test proof of concept, make sure different lighting elements are synchronized with each other, and to get a general overall view of the display.

My Preview is not intended to produce a show/movie quality rendition of your display as many seem to want.

This version of Preview is designed as a lego view of the world - so I limit each channel to 25 vectors.

Next year when I add my Pixel Plane editor and allow you to design elements like those current available in Nutcracker and Madrix, then - I will make available a Preview that provides more "show" and better performance with large channel counts.

Hope that helps.

Joe

OriginalHotrodder
10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi Joe,
Thank you for the super quick feedback. I totally understand and I agree with you. The ease of use, end timing and final syncronization are the most important things to me and HLS fills those needs perfectly. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I didn't see since I'm just learning HLS. With that in mind I'll be able to keep on working on my first HLS sequence.