PDA

View Full Version : HLS - Control Triggers - Execute a EXE from your Sequence

JHinkle
10-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Version 7A is released.

HLS now has Control Triggers available for your use.

A Trigger is an effect in the sequence that will cause the execution of an EXE or a BAT file.

A Trigger is placed on a Trigger Control Channel - please see the video below.

The one thing I forgot is to show you was how to delete/remove the Trigger event.

Place mouse of Trigger Event and Right Click.

Select Delete Effect from the menu .

Enjoy.

Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDlsApMPB7o&feature=youtu.be

angus40
10-10-2012, 03:16 AM
Well this just solved my Santa in the window projection planning issue.

again many thanks .

XmasInGalt
10-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Joe,

One of the features in the trigger function of Vixen was the ability to include parameters with the exe or bat file. In my case, I used one bat file to do a number of different things based on the parameters and not create a bunch of bat files. In one example, I have a number of different messages that could be selected to be sent to my LEDTriks (i.e. parm 1 = msg1, parm 2 = msg2, etc). During a sequence, I could send several messages to LEDTriks (the BAT file would run LTC.exe with the selected LEDtrik file name). If that would be added, it would provide more capability to the trigger feature.

One another note, I just have to say that this is a GREAT program and I'm amazed that you can 'crank out' so my bug fixes and new features so quickly. I'm trying to decide which version I'm going to use for my show but you keep turning out cool new features that I'm suffering from 'version creep'. Thanks for the AWESOME work!!!!

JHinkle
10-10-2012, 03:46 PM
What's the maximum number of parameters passed?

Joe

XmasInGalt
10-10-2012, 05:50 PM
I only passed 1 parameter. Vixen only has one field for parameters but you could put in multiple items seperated by a space. I tested up to 6 items that were passed into 6 parameters in the BAT file.

JHinkle
10-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Right now I'm testing up to 10 --- args separated by comma (,)

Joe