PDA

View Full Version : I am a Newb

g2ktcf
10-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Well at least to 3.0. WLC Ventures has taken up alot of my time this year and I have only started playing with 3.0.2 for a bit.

I have read back through the forums and cannot find any information on NODES. I have the controllers in and the Groups are self explanatory.

How is the term NODE used? Like a PIXEL node?

g2ktcf
10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Keith Tarpley just pointed me to Aussie Phils Videos so I am studying them lol

sallz0r
10-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi mate! Yeah, the betas from last year used the term "node" fairly liberally -- it was originally meant to describe a channel, or a group of channels. However, after people pointed out the confusion (and that 'node' is commonly used for pixels) I tried to remove any use of the term from the UI. Most of it should be saying "channels" now, I hope. (If you find any that don't, please let me know!) :-)

I also made a quick video the other day (very bodgy and a quick job) to answer some questions Nathan had in another thread. That might help explain the intent of the way you might set some things up. You can find it here: http://youtu.be/DlhDZk5lohI

I'm hoping to do another video (maybe a bit more planned, rather than tired waffling!) soon, when we have a more major release with extra info on how it all works and a few walkthroughs for people.

g2ktcf
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi mate! Yeah, the betas from last year used the term "node" fairly liberally -- it was originally meant to describe a channel, or a group of channels. However, after people pointed out the confusion (and that 'node' is commonly used for pixels) I tried to remove any use of the term from the UI. Most of it should be saying "channels" now, I hope. (If you find any that don't, please let me know!) :-)

I also made a quick video the other day (very bodgy and a quick job) to answer some questions Nathan had in another thread. That might help explain the intent of the way you might set some things up. You can find it here: http://youtu.be/DlhDZk5lohI

I'm hoping to do another video (maybe a bit more planned, rather than tired waffling!) soon, when we have a more major release with extra info on how it all works and a few walkthroughs for people.

Ok, I believe I have it now and will play with it some more. Thanks!