PDA

View Full Version : Nutcracker: Error

Keebler
10-09-2012, 06:04 AM
now i am getting this error ONLINE.

i was attempting to recreate some BARS shortly after i click SUBMIT i got this error.
i tried it again - same error

please advise

Ken

Keebler
10-11-2012, 08:59 AM
now another error
this time on the web side

see the PDF

tfischer
10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
You'll get that if you have a reasonably large target that takes too long to render. In that case, you pretty much have to work offline using the local install

Keebler
10-11-2012, 12:16 PM
You'll get that if you have a reasonably large target that takes too long to render. In that case, you pretty much have to work offline using the local install
i've not changed my target.
it is the same one i have used for months now.

tfischer
10-11-2012, 01:18 PM

I think php has an absolute "maximum time" the server is allowed to run. If others are rendering targets, etc, that causes things to slow down, and might push you over the threshold.

In any case, I've gotten many "Error 500's" on the online tool, but never seen one with my local install. Maybe Sean can better explain why.

-Tim

smeighan
10-11-2012, 02:03 PM
I think when you are using meighan.net you are sharing it with 10-20 other users plus whomever else is on teh shared server.

I think this means the amount of cpu available at any given time can vary.

server error 500's are normally your effect took longer to create than the box has been setup to allow.

I do appreciate that there are lots of changes still, i wish all bugs were closed, and i had stability a month ago.

I am building Nutcracker to be able to use projects for my Christmas show, i plan on having arches, windows, megatree. I plan on using gifs and picture and layers and color wash. So i will get all of those fixed.

i am not adding new stuff now, i am going though and fixing bugs. Unfortunately I have a very large project in sept/oct at Oracle that i am leading. I am spending 60hrs/week on that project. This has impacted my avail hours working on nutcracker. I will tell you that i work nutcracker 7 days a week, just not as many hours as before.

I am approaching 1100 hours so far in the development of Nutcracker. I will continue to get bugs fixed as fast as i can.

refreshing the datbase on a localinstall and the code tree takes less than 1 minute. if you are getting timeouts, why not make a smaller tree to get the effects working. i have suggested to cut the pixels in half.

my megatree is going to be 20x120 half megatree. I build a 10x60 half megatree for testing. After you see everything working, then run your effects on the larger target and do it on a local install.

see many of you on tonights call

thanks
sean

smeighan
10-11-2012, 02:05 PM

Hi Ken;

color wash doesnt work, also a fallout of the re-architecture

take a look here
http://meighan.net/nutcracker/effects/nc_status.php

i had missed putting color_wash on the list.

tonight i will go through the list of bugs and when i think will get them fixed.

thanks
sean

WayneKremer
10-11-2012, 02:45 PM
i am not adding new stuff now, i am going though and fixing bugs. Unfortunately I have a very large project in sept/oct at Oracle that i am leading. I am spending 60hrs/week on that project. This has impacted my avail hours working on nutcracker. I will tell you that i work nutcracker 7 days a week, just not as many hours as before.

Sean, I'm afraid you don't have your priorities straight. Obviously Nutcracker should be at the top of the list. Work and family are nothing but pawns in the world of Christmas lighting. :)

tfischer
10-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I do appreciate that there are lots of changes still, i wish all bugs were closed, and i had stability a month ago.
(snip)

I am approaching 1100 hours so far in the development of Nutcracker. I will continue to get bugs fixed as fast as i can.

Sean - absolutely no need to justify your priorities. You've built an amazing tool, and while I too wish it were "perfect" right now, I'm certainly not complaining - without Nutcracker (even in its current state) my new Mega-tree would be in sad shape at this point.

I periodically bring up bugs and issues but that's just to make you aware of them. I do thank you for all of your effort on this project - it's really a great tool.

WayneKremer
10-12-2012, 12:09 AM
I totally agree with that! You are definitely making our lives much easier while giving us a fantastic tool to make our pixel trees come to life. Work is definitely job #1 as it pays the bills! :) Keep up the great work and let it be known that we appreciate it all...