PDA

View Full Version : will hls work with ledtricks

rush44oh1
10-08-2012, 12:55 AM
some one please help me before i convert all my sequences to hls does it support ledtricks with the tricsc i would like to find out now instead of later after i put a lot of work into hls and my sequnces.

thank you

angus40
10-08-2012, 01:05 AM
What would make led tricks so special that a sequencer may not work with it ?

rush44oh1
10-08-2012, 01:17 AM
it may do so hopefully some one can tell me how to use it
but it takes a different protocol other then renard and dmx

angus40
10-08-2012, 01:23 AM
hls is free ware , nothing stopping you from testing it out without converting anything .

I am curious now though , what protocol does this use ?

budude
10-08-2012, 01:35 AM
The LEDTriks uses - well - LEDTriks protocol... Currently with Vixen you have to create a batch file with the appropriate LTC (the tool that talks to the LEDTriks) commands. There's a mechanism in Vixen to trigger the batch file to start off. I don't know if HLS has anything like this - seem to recall something about triggers a while back.

angus40
10-08-2012, 02:32 AM
Good One Brian :) If a sequencer has triggered event capabilities , this begs for a cue list to enable users flexibility.

Hls would be ideal if/when Joe adds matrix-pixel plane capabilities that cues were part and parcel.

JHinkle
10-08-2012, 07:55 AM
some one please help me before i convert all my sequences to hls does it support ledtricks with the tricsc i would like to find out now instead of later after i put a lot of work into hls and my sequnces.

thank you

I breifly looked in the LedTrick forum and read some 2007 stuff from RJ on what this is about.

At this time, HLS does not support it.

If you can acquire a document which outlines the protocol in detail, I can take a look to see how long implementation would take.

Joe

rush44oh1
10-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Joe
as of right now vixen just uses output triggers to trigger a batch file to run the pix- c and trix-c is it possible to do the same thing easly enough i can use vixen to make the .led files that is no problem i just need a way to trigger it.
i would love to you use your software you have done such a great job on it. the problem is i have this brand new ledtricks i just built and i can wait to use it.
let me know please if this can be done or not.
thank you for your hard work and efforts

As far a document can some one help Joe get what he needs i have no idea where it is i will look but maybe some one has it handy

JHinkle
10-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Please tell me about "Triggers".

Be very detailed in what they are and what they do (I have my own idea but I need to know what others think).

Triggers should be easy to implement - I just need to know all of the possible ways people will attempt to use them.

Joe

rush44oh1
10-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Joe
I dont know much about how people use triggers either but here is the info on the trics-c that drives the ledtrix board
http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/images/4/42/TRIKSC_CONTROLLER_v.0.1_manual.pdf
If you look at the bottom of the article it talks about how to use the ltc.exe program to run the panel it also tells you how to set it up in vixen
i hope this helps you i would love to see this working this year
i know beggers can t be chosers but one can wish right
thank you very much

budude
10-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Just to clarify, the original LEDTriks used the PC's parallel interface and Vixen had direct control of it via a plug-in. It was extremely hard on the PC (for HW of the time) so a processor board called the Triks-C was developed and a software app that sent it commands. Vixen did/does not have any control of the LEDTriks when using this board. The way the trigger worked was you would configure a plug-in to watch a particular channel for values. When it received a value it would map it to a particular batch file and kick it off. You would create a separate batch file for sending out a particular song title or info message, etc - think of it like RDS in a way.

JHinkle
10-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Brian:

What other things do people use Triggers for besides executing a file?

Joe

budude
10-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Brian:

What other things do people use Triggers for besides executing a file?

Joe

Not sure - I've only used it for LEDTriks myself. There is a reverse situation with keypad presses executing different sequences (and this was expanded to game pads or remote switches) as well. I'm sure others can chime in on how they use the outward bound triggers.

dirknerkle
10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
A person might use a trigger to start a video to project onto a garage door sized screen

JHinkle
10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
I will implement what I will call a "Control" channel.

You will be able to add a "Control Effect" to this channel.

The Control Effect will tell HLS when (timing within the sequence) to execute the file identified within the effect.

So HLS will be able to execute any number of "outside" programs ... BAT or EXE .... from within a sequence.

Give me a few more days to sleep on it.

Joe

rush44oh1
10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Joe
Your awsome that is just great now i can contuie to convert my old vixen to HLS.
thank you

JHinkle
10-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Control Triggers are now available.

See the Video.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?22334-HLS-Control-Triggers-Execute-a-EXE-from-your-Sequence

Joe