JHinkle
10-02-2012, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1rLLqvzxM&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy.

Joe

rfallatt
10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Joe,
This is awesome but I note a few issues. Not sure if they are intended.

1. Once a channel is assigned to a segment, the channel names disappear on the right when you "Display sequence"
This occurs whether displaying "All" channels (without Sequence channels assigned to that display group) or
All + Sequence channels (with one or more sequence channels included in the display group)
[To Correct this would be helpful and important]

2. I noticed that when working with group that has a segment, the "preview sequence" doesnt display the vectors (lights). Is this intended?
[This would be a Nice to have, but can easily be worked around by switching to "All" (working with a group of all channels - segment channels) to see what the display looks like. I often program a section and then need to re-select a "all" group to see how it looks in its entirety.

3.a when I Work with a work group containing 17 segments, and expand them "Control + B" not all segments are displayed (only 8 of 17 can be scrolled down to).
This screen shot shows segments
This screen shot shows the screen after CTL+B (note the right slide bar is all the way down)

3.b HLS sporadically omits the green segments names on the left (I open and closed the program multiple times (10) and witnessed the omission 20% of the time)

Side note: put "Ctl+B" on the Keyboard commands

JHinkle
10-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Joe,
This is awesome but I note a few issues. Not sure if they are intended.

1. Once a channel is assigned to a segment, the channel names disappear on the right when you "Display sequence"
This occurs whether displaying "All" channels (without Sequence channels assigned to that display group) or
All + Sequence channels (with one or more sequence channels included in the display group)
[To Correct this would be helpful and important]

This was something I put in for testing and forgot to remove it.

OK in next release.

2. I noticed that when working with group that has a segment, the "preview sequence" doesnt display the vectors (lights). Is this intended?
[This would be a Nice to have, but can easily be worked around by switching to "All" (working with a group of all channels - segment channels) to see what the display looks like. I often program a section and then need to re-select a "all" group to see how it looks in its entirety.

Preview with Segments are coming - not there yet.

3.a when I Work with a work group containing 17 segments, and expand them "Control + B" not all segments are displayed (only 8 of 17 can be scrolled down to).
This screen shot shows segments
This screen shot shows the screen after CTL+B (note the right slide bar is all the way down)

3.b HLS sporadically omits the green segments names on the left (I open and closed the program multiple times (10) and witnessed the omission 20% of the time)

Side note: put "Ctl+B" on the Keyboard commands

I can not duplicate.

I have limited how many channels are allowed on editor screen. You may have reached that limit.

When you are not scrolling - approx how many channels are being displayed?

Joe ...

rfallatt
10-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Joe,
Each segment is only 5 to 6 RGB channels.
I can display my entire 500+ channels on the display, but when I go to segments thing get restricted
see 1st screen shot (it displays all 17 segments)
see 2nd screen shot, this is where I use the Control + B to expand it, (it only displays 8, the top 8 to be exact, this entails approximately only 40-48 channels)

"When you are not scrolling - approx how many channels are being displayed?"
The screen shows 25 Channels in "fine"

JHinkle
10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Joe,
Each segment is only 5 to 6 RGB channels.
I can display my entire 500+ channels on the display, but when I go to segments thing get restricted
see 1st screen shot (it displays all 17 segments)
see 2nd screen shot, this is where I use the Control + B to expand it, (it only displays 8, the top 8 to be exact, this entails approximately only 40-48 channels)

"When you are not scrolling - approx how many channels are being displayed?"
The screen shows 25 Channels in "fine"

When I added the Ctrl B feature - I changed the number of viewable channels but forgot to change the MAX SCROLLABLE.

Thanks.

Next release fixed.

Joe

JHinkle
10-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Version 6T available.

Preview with Segments and correct scrolling with Segments have been inplemented.

Enjoy.

Joe

rfallatt
10-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Version 6T available.

Preview with Segments and correct scrolling with Segments have been inplemented.

Enjoy.

Joe
Joe,
FYI, There is no preview at all with 6T (not with or without segments) I click on the radio button and it will not let me select it.
Thansk for fixing the scrolling segments and displaying the names of channels in a segment.

JHinkle
10-03-2012, 08:25 PM
It's there - I tested it.

What are you looking at ... The is no "Radio" button for Preview.

To edit Preview - go under the "Preview" menu.

Joe

rfallatt
10-03-2012, 08:35 PM
HLS is not letting me click here to view the preview15553

I dont want to edit it, I want to see the lights light up in the preview mode.

rfallatt
10-03-2012, 08:38 PM
That was weird, I had to open and close and open the program many times, but now it works.

I lost a vector or two but I can redo it.

Disregard

I realized the program is operating very slow, I clicked it and nothing happened, by accident I walked away and came back a few moments later and the display was up.
This was further verified when during playback and in preview, I clicked the box again (like I have been doing for the last few weeks, to see the "Display sequence" and nothing happens)
For sure , cannot toggle between Display preview and display sequence, during playing of the music, furthermore cannot select "Preview Sequence" when "Display preview" is selected.
Can select "Preview Sequence" in "Display Sequence" but VERY sluggish

So I can select "Display Sequence" click "display preview", click "Play" = the music plays, background bmp appears and lights appear on cue. There is no way to get back to "Display Sequence" during the song playing.
If I try the screen flashes like it is trying to switch but it remains on "Display preview"

I can get to "Display Sequence" if I stop the song and click on "Display Sequence"

Even further observations shows that I can control whether the "display preview" is displayed but it can only be selected and deselected while in the "Display Sequence" mode/screen

Materdaddy
10-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Joe, I just watched your video, and I can't believe you can't reproduce the "names not showing up" problem mentioned by Ron. In your demo video I see it happen. At the end when you demonstrate the removal of Seg2, I noticed that on a couple of the screens the only channels that were labeled were the ones previously in Seg2 (green), the other channels don't have names shown. This happens both before and after you click the "modify list" to get the Seg2 channels back. This link jumps to the appropriate time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1rLLqvzxM&feature=player_detailpage#t=722s

rfallatt
10-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Joe, I just watched your video, and I can't believe you can't reproduce the "names not showing up" problem mentioned by Ron. In your demo video I see it happen. At the end when you demonstrate the removal of Seg2, I noticed that on a couple of the screens the only channels that were labeled were the ones previously in Seg2 (green), the other channels don't have names shown. This happens both before and after you click the "modify list" to get the Seg2 channels back. This link jumps to the appropriate time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1rLLqvzxM&feature=player_detailpage#t=722s

That problem is fixed with newest version, But there are other issues (work arroundable, but still)

JHinkle
10-04-2012, 02:47 PM
That problem is fixed with newest version, But there are other issues (work arroundable, but still)

What issues?

Joe

rfallatt
10-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Cannot toggle between Display Preview and Display Sequence, during playing of the music,
Cannot select "Preview Sequence" when "Display preview" is selected.

Can select "Preview Sequence" while in "Display Sequence" but VERY sluggish

Summary:
I can select "Display Sequence" click "Display Preview", click "Play", the music plays, background BMP appears and lights appear on cue. BUT There is no way to get back to "Display Sequence" during the song playing. If I try the screen flashes like it is trying to switch but it remains on "Display preview"

I can get to "Display Sequence" ONLY if I stop the song and click on "Display Sequence"

Further observations shows that I can control whether the "display preview" is displayed but ONLY if selected and deselected while in the "Display Sequence" mode/screen not on any other screen.

JHinkle
10-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Cannot toggle between Display Preview and Display Sequence, during playing of the music,
Cannot select "Preview Sequence" when "Display preview" is selected.

Can select "Preview Sequence" while in "Display Sequence" but VERY sluggish

Summary:
I can select "Display Sequence" click "Display Preview", click "Play", the music plays, background BMP appears and lights appear on cue. BUT There is no way to get back to "Display Sequence" during the song playing. If I try the screen flashes like it is trying to switch but it remains on "Display preview"

I can get to "Display Sequence" ONLY if I stop the song and click on "Display Sequence"

Further observations shows that I can control whether the "display preview" is displayed but ONLY if selected and deselected while in the "Display Sequence" mode/screen not on any other screen.

"Cannot toggle between Display Preview and Display Sequence, during playing of the music"

Correct - that is by design. "Display Preview" is for the addition/removal of Preview Vectors. That mode is not allowed during "Play" mode.

"Cannot select "Preview Sequence" when "Display preview" is selected"

Correct - that is by design. "Display Preview" is for the addition/removal of Preview Vectors. "Preview Sequence" is to allow the DISPLAY of Preview Vectors during Play mode. Since you are in Preview Edit mode - that selection is available.

Can select "Preview Sequence" while in "Display Sequence".

THAT is the only correct coorelation between the two. While you are in "Display Sequence" mode (effect timing) - "Preview Sequence tells HLS to display vectors while PLAY is active.

"I can select "Display Sequence" click "Display Preview", click "Play", the music plays, background BMP appears and lights appear on cue. BUT There is no way to get back to "Display Sequence" during the song playing. If I try the screen flashes like it is trying to switch but it remains on "Display preview"

Correct - also by design.

You used the word sluggish. That tells me you have a lot of channels that are attempted to be painted in Play Mode.

I have always stated that Window's in NOT a real-time OS and the Window's process Paint/Draw is very low on the Window's priority task.

I could make the performance better by using DirectX but that breaks anyone using a MAC.

I have another trick up my sleeve - I was not going to play THAT card until I rolled out my Pixel Plane editor --- but I may do it earlier.

When I do play it ... performance will be very smooth and you WILL be able to flip back and forth ... that that is still to come.

Joe

rfallatt
10-04-2012, 05:09 PM
"Cannot toggle between Display Preview and Display Sequence, during playing of the music"
Correct - that is by design. "Display Preview" is for the addition/removal of Preview Vectors. That mode is not allowed during "Play" mode.

That's not the way it has been in the past versions, I have been programming up to the segment version and was able to do it

"Cannot select "Preview Sequence" when "Display preview" is selected" Correct - that is by design. "Display Preview" is for the addition/removal of Preview Vectors. "Preview Sequence" is to allow the DISPLAY of Preview Vectors during Play mode. Since you are in Preview Edit mode - that selection is available.

Similar to above, In past versions I have been able to do it and it was a nice feature.

"I can select "Display Sequence" click "Display Preview", click "Play", the music plays, background BMP appears and lights appear on cue. BUT There is no way to get back to "Display Sequence" during the song playing. If I try the screen flashes like it is trying to switch but it remains on "Display preview"

Correct - also by design.

Similar to above, In past versions I have been able to do it and it was a nice feature.*

You used the word sluggish. That tells me you have a lot of channels that are attempted to be painted in Play Mode.

I have always stated that Window's in NOT a real-time OS and the Window's process Paint/Draw is very low on the Window's priority task.

This sluggishness has only begun in the segment versions, In fact all the issues I am talking about here are changes that I noted once you implemented segments I have not changed the number of channels used and I am only sequencing 520 channels.

I just wanted to make you aware that those changes have occurred since segments and if they were intended. The product is still awesome

JHinkle
10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
That's not the way it has been in the past versions, I have been programming up to the segment version and was able to do it

Similar to above, In past versions I have been able to do it and it was a nice feature.

Similar to above, In past versions I have been able to do it and it was a nice feature.*

This sluggishness has only begun in the segment versions, In fact all the issues I am talking about here are changes that I noted once you implemented segments I have not changed the number of channels used and I am only sequencing 520 channels.

I just wanted to make you aware that those changes have occurred since segments and if they were intended. The product is still awesome

Prior to Segments - the intent was always as I stated - I was loosie goosie at restricting it.

When Segments came out - and I gave you the TOGGLE ability (the number of channels viewable changes with the click of the B key) - I need to tighten up my adherence to design intent.

I do not understand your statement of sluggish .... if the number of total channels being viewed (NOT Segments - but all of the channels associated with the Segments) is the same as before - there should NO change in performance .... UNLESS - you added more vectors to the channels - THAT would relate to a decrease in performance as there is more to do in the time-slice available.

Joe

rfallatt
10-05-2012, 07:54 AM
yeah that's what's confusing Joe,
I did not add any vectors... well actually with the new version I lost 4 vectors on my garage. I simply read drew them but I did not add anything other than what was there before.
The other issues were identified so you know they changed. it was nice to have, they saves mouse clicks, but if they were necessary to eliminate then I understand.

I do note that HLS does let a user, while in "Display Sequence" hit the "Preview Sequence" radio button and it will display the Preview BMP, but once you can see the BMP w/vectors a user cannot deselect the "Preview Sequence" radio button and go back to "Display Sequence". (again in past versions, this was possible and a nice feature, but if it was changed by design, OK.) I just want to make sure you know what is changing when you make modifications or new versions, since I don't know how much you test after release

Sent from Droid Incredible, using Tapatalk 2.

JHinkle
10-05-2012, 10:16 AM
yeah that's what's confusing Joe,
I did not add any vectors... well actually with the new version I lost 4 vectors on my garage. I simply read drew them but I did not add anything other than what was there before.
The other issues were identified so you know they changed. it was nice to have, they saves mouse clicks, but if they were necessary to eliminate then I understand.

I do note that HLS does let a user, while in "Display Sequence" hit the "Preview Sequence" radio button and it will display the Preview BMP, but once you can see the BMP w/vectors a user cannot deselect the "Preview Sequence" radio button and go back to "Display Sequence". (again in past versions, this was possible and a nice feature, but if it was changed by design, OK.) I just want to make sure you know what is changing when you make modifications or new versions, since I don't know how much you test after release

Sent from Droid Incredible, using Tapatalk 2.

The "Preview Sequence" is a Check Box on the Control Panel.

The purpose of the "Preview Sequence" button is to tell HLS to switch to Preview mode because the User wants to play audio and see the preview. This action can only make sense in "Display Sequence" which is a menu selection under "Preview".

When the "Preview Sequence" check box is un-checked - the display reverts to effects mode.

I think some confusion is coming about because of the term "Display Preview" - which is a menu selection under Preview. I am going to change the menu selection from
"Display Preview" to "Edit Preview" as that is the operation that takes place in that mode.

See Version 6U - I did find a Preview sync that I fixed also.

Joe

rfallatt
10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I'll work with it later today. Thanks for the update