PDA

View Full Version : Cross hairs / other usability ideas

kingofkya
10-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Kinda coming from a CAD guy perspective here but some type of cross hair would be handy. For example in cad software when you get to a edge it lock on to the cell, so even if your 15deg off you can still draw a perfect 90 45 etc(based on user setting).

So witch got me thinking of something that could be handy. For example lets say we have this. o off 1on

ooooooooooo11111ooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooo1111ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooo11111ooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Now lets say you want to add an effect to channel 5 that lines up with the start of the effect on channel1. Some times it can be hard to start at the right, spot. So here is what I am thinking, when you hover over a column it would change color. Perhaps also take into account total starting effects in the column, so the more starting effects corresponding the darker the color change is.(to a point)

Maybe also include both start and stop of the effect?

Second though.
In programs like autocad you start drawing a line click on a point to start, then another point. The same way we select an area for hls to apply and effect to.

However in autocad you can also point the mouse in the direction you want to go and type 55 with draws a line 55 inches. So once again you should consider this in hls. EX: Click the start of an effect, move mouse down or keep on the same row , then type "55L + enter" Length in cells + effect type l,u,d,c.

Feel free to ignore this, i just like using the mouse as little as possible. In things like autocad you can easily draw everything useing just the built in cli.

JHinkle
10-02-2012, 10:32 PM
If you are asking for Cross-Hairs - they are already there.

Check the last selection under the "Defaults" menu.

Joe

kingofkya
10-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Doh, I see it now.